Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole. Green bean casserole is the epitome of Thanksgiving. Bizarrely, I never had it on my Thanksgiving table growing up—my parents never made it—but Frozen green beans have been preserved at their peak, so they taste very comparable to fresh. You can blanch frozen or fresh ones to get them tender.
Ingredients of Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole
- You need 1 can of green beans or 2 cups fresh garden beans.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of small garlic clove chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chives finely chopped.
- Prepare of Seasoning salt.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh or 1 small can sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 box of stuffing mix.
- Prepare of Butter or margarine (for stuffing).
- It’s of Optional Ingredient:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped green onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of french fried onions.
Green Bean Casserole is a classic, savory side dish that is favored by all! Filled with fresh mushrooms, garlic, parmesan and baked in a creamy sauce, there won't be a green bean left. In a medium bowl, combine green beans, cream of chicken soup, milk, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, garlic power, and onion powder to taste. Combine melted butter and remaining stuffing mix; layer top of the casserole.
Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Boil chopped onion and green beans (if fresh) to soften and prepare for bake. (🙄 See, half of these beans were dark purple before boiling, they were wild bush garden beans from my yard) *If using canned green beans then skip this step! But still preheat the oven! 🤣👌😉.
- Add chives, garlic, seasonings, and chopped onion to small casserole baking dish..
- Pour in mushroom soup and milk. Mix well. (Here You can also substitute water for milk if you like or need to 😉👌).
- Add beans and mushrooms to mixture and combine thoroughly. *Here you can additionally layer the french fried onions on top before baking for added flavor and texture! 👍👍 Cover and Bake green bean casserole in the oven for 20-25mins while you make the stuffing on the stovetop. (Or in the microwave🤦🏻♀️ lol).
- Follow directions on the stuffing mix box; or Boil water and butter then reduce heat to low and pour in contents of stuffing mix bag. (*Here is also where you can add in the chopped green onion😉👌) Use a fork to mix and fluff. Equally spreading around the absorption of the water. Remove from heat. Remove casserole from oven..
- Scoop stuffing mix out of pan and place gently and evenly on top of green bean casserole. Bake uncovered for another 15-20 mins or until stuffing starts to become golden brown and crispy on top and the casserole is bubbly around the edges! 👏 Serve and Enjoy!.
This ultra creamy Vegan Green Bean Casserole is a wholesome take on the classic but is so decadent that you'll never guess it's dairy and gluten More amazing Thanksgiving recipes: Spinach Mushroom Herb Stuffing. Green bean casserole was my favorite as a kid!y Mimi made the best ever. An easy green bean casserole recipe with a cream cheese-and-herb sauce, baked until bubbly and finished with a crunchy almond topping. You may unsubscribe at any time. Next to turkey, green bean casserole is the dish most associated with Thanksgiving.