Candied yams. Place sweet potatoes in a medium baking dish. Distribute butter pieces evenly over the sweet potatoes. These candied yams are so buttery, and tender.
Ingredients of Candied yams
- Prepare of marshmallows.
- Prepare 3 of large yams.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream or milk.
Candied Yams are an almost mandatory part of Thanksgiving dinner. This dish has been a family favorite for generations, and is a total hit with the kids every single year. These candied yams can be made with or without marshmallows. As a child, the marshmallows I always top my candied yams with miniature marshmallows.
Candied yams instructions
- Pre heat oven 350. Boil a large pot of salted water. Peel skin off and wash yams. Cut and cube . Add cubed yams to boiling water. Cook until soft . About 10 minutes. Taste test every so often to feel texture..
- Drain and return to pot. Add butter, heavy cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mash and blend together ..
- Grease a baking dish and pour yams into dish. Top with mini marshmallows. Place in oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Enjoy.
They are completely optional, but it's how. Candied, mashed, or combined with casserole ingredients, there are many ways to prepare yams or sweet potatoes. Click Play to See This Candied Yams With Marshmallows Recipe Come Together. Candied yams can be made with either yams or "sweet potato yams," just make sure you get the copper Candied yams are traditional southern dish that turns this sweet tuber into a dessert-like. Southern candied yams is a flavorful and rich side dish that's slow cooked in a candied mixture on the stove-top.