Blended Shiitake-Beef Burger with Spicy Thousand Island and Kimchi Slaw (and Frizzled Onions).
Blended Shiitake-Beef Burger with Spicy Thousand Island and Kimchi Slaw (and Frizzled Onions) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Blended Shiitake-Beef Burger with Spicy Thousand Island and Kimchi Slaw (and Frizzled Onions) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook blended shiitake-beef burger with spicy thousand island and kimchi slaw (and frizzled onions) using 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Blended Shiitake-Beef Burger with Spicy Thousand Island and Kimchi Slaw (and Frizzled Onions):
- You need of For the Kimchi Slaw-.
- Get 1 cup of Kimchi.
- Make ready 1 cup of shredded coleslaw.
- Get 1 tsp. of sesame oil.
- You need of For the Spicy Thousand Island Dressing-.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of thousand island dressing.
- You need of 1 tsp. sambal oelek chili sauce or chile paste.
- Prepare of For the Frizzled Onions with Shiitake Powder-.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion sliced into thin rings.
- Take 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp. of shiitake mushroom powder.
- It’s 1 cup of frying mix.
- You need 4 cups of Frying oil.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Get of Blended Shiitake Burger.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of lbs. ground beef.
- Make ready 8 oz. of chopped shiitake mushrooms.
- Get 2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Take 1 tsp. of ground coriander.
- Take 1 tsp. of each salt and black pepper.
- Make ready 1 tbsp. of canola oil.
- Take 4 slices of pepper jack cheese.
- You need 4 tbsp. of Kaiser rolls.
- You need 4 tbsp. of melted butter.
- Get 1 tsp. of black sesame seeds.
step by step to make Blended Shiitake-Beef Burger with Spicy Thousand Island and Kimchi Slaw (and Frizzled Onions):
- Make the Kimchi Slaw- In a bowl combine the kimchi, coleslaw and sesame oil and toss to combine. Keep the Kimchi Slaw covered and refrigerated until ready to use..
- Make the Spicy Thousand Island Dressing- Add the thousand island and chile paste to a bowl and stir to combine. Keep the dressing covered in the fridge while you make the onions rings and burgers..
- Prep the Frizzled Onions- Heat oil in a heavy stockpot or deep-fryer to 375°. Use a mandoline or vegetable slicer to thinly slice the onion into rings. Place onion rings into a large bowl and cover with milk. Stir in the shiitake powder. In another bowl, add the fry mix, salt, black pepper and smoked paprika and mix well. Let the onions marinate while you cook the burgers and let them rest..
- Make the Blended Burger Patties, Cook and Serve- Heat the oven to 350. Cut the Kaiser rolls in half. Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Brush the inside of the buns with melted butter. Place the buns on a baking sheet and toast until golden, 2-3 minutes. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms until soft and the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Let the mushrooms cool to room temperature..
- In a bowl add the ground beef, mushrooms, garlic powder, ground coriander, salt and black pepper and gently combine. Form the burgers into thick patties about 6oz. each..
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Cook the burgers until brown and medium, 4 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer registers 140. Add a slice of pepper jack cheese and continue to cook the burgers until the cheese is melted. Place the burgers on a rack to rest while you make the frizzled onions..
- If you’re using the outdoor grill, grill the burgers until medium, 3-4 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer registers 140..
- While the burgers rest, drain onions from milk. Dredge onion rings in frying mix and shake off excess. Deep-fry onions until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain onion rings on paper towels. Season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika..
- To assemble the burgers, spoon some Spicy Thousland Island Dressing on the bottom of a bun. Then add a layer of Kimchi Slaw. Add a Blended Shiitake-Beef Burger with Melted Pepper Jack Cheese and add the top Bun with Black Sesame Seeds..
- Serve the Frizzled Onions on the side..
Okay that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food blended shiitake-beef burger with spicy thousand island and kimchi slaw (and frizzled onions) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!