Caramel Cake. This Caramel Cake recipe is perfect for that die hard caramel fan in your life. This Southern Caramel Cake Recipe is a traditional caramel cake made from an heirloom family recipe. It's delicious topped with homemade caramel icing!
Ingredients of Caramel Cake
- It’s 3/4 cup of butter (1 1/2 sticks) 1 cup milk 2 cups sifted.
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of sifted all-purpose flour 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt 4 eggs 2 cups sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Caramel Icing One box light brown sugar (1-pound) 1/2 cup butter.
- It’s 7 tablespoons of evaporated milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Learn how to make Caramel Cake. Reviewers say this old fashioned caramel cake has the consistency of pound cake. If you're wondering how to make caramel cake, our easy caramel cake recipe is a great place to start. But this recipe for Double Caramel Pound Cake?
Caramel Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 2 9-inch cake pans. (I always use a small amount of softened unsalted butter followed by a dusting of flour). In a small saucepan, cook the butter and milk over low heat until the butter melts. Stir well and let cool to room temperature. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on high speed until light yellow and smooth..
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture just until combined. Add the cooled milk mixture and vanilla and stir well. Divide the batter between the two pans and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the middle. Place pans on a wire rack and let cool 10 minutes..
- Icing: (I like a decent amount of icing, so I double the recipe). In a medium saucepan with a heavy bottom, combine the brown sugar, butter, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Stir well and turn heat down so mixture boils gently. Cook for 7 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Beat the icing by hand 2 to 3 minutes to thicken. Place bottom layer on a platter or cake stand. Dpread icing on top of bottom layer. Place second layer on top. Ice the top and sides..
- The consistency will be slightly wet until it sets, so work quickly..
It's definitely in the amazing category! Woodford Reserve Bourbon Cake recipe with a Luscious Caramel Glaze ~ Says. Have you ever had Caramel Cake with Caramel Icing? But instead of a layer cake, I made this into a thin sheet cake. Less time baking, more time eating, I say!