Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas). A filipino soup favorite made with elbow macaroni, milk and butter. This is perfect anytime you feel like having soup. Boil water in a pot, add chicken until cooked and set aside.
Ingredients of Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas)
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts, cubed or strips.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of garlic head, chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 c of cooked macaroni or elbow pasta.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot, jullienned or diced (none in photo).
- Prepare 1/4 of cabbage, in strips.
- You need 1/4 box of (+/- 60ml) all purpose cream.
- Prepare 1/2 of of chicken bullion cube.
- It’s 1/2-1 Tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
- It’s 1.5 L of Water.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- It’s of Green onions to garnish (optional).
I added cream cheese to make it thicker and cayenne pepper para may onting anghang. Next babawasan ko yung elbow macaroni. Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup or popularly known as Sopas, came from the Hispanic word SOPA�S, meaning soup. This is a soup dish that Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup is a delicious creamy soup that is usually served during breakfast snacks.
Chicken Macaroni Cream Soup (Sopas) step by step
- Prepare ahead: half cook elbow pasta according to package instructions. Set aside. Also half cook (seasoned with S&P) chicken in a separate pot in 1/2 cup water then cut into cubesor strips. Set aside..
- Saute onions then garlic in oil in a pot..
- Once fragrant, add in your chicken and 1/2 c water. Boil until cooked and remove then cut into cubes or strips. Meanwhile add 1L water into the same pot and drop in the chicken bullion or broth cube..
- Return the cut chicken into the pot and add your elbow pasta, carrots, cabbage and All Purpose Cream (Nestlé or other brand). Get a spoon and get a knob of butter, add into the pot (optional). Stir until simmmering..
- Taste and season with salt & pepper. Adjust if you need to add more both cube. When satisfied, taste elbow pasta if okay to your liking. I like mine al denté. Remember it will continue cooking when you turn off the heat. Serve and garnish with snipped green onions..
There are many variations in the recipe. Sopas is one of those Filipino dishes that can be a complete meal in itself. It has vegetables, meat, pasta Sopas is also excellent for those cold days when you want something warm for your tummy. One way of making it really creamy WITHOUT salt is using Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup. Children just love this creamy chicken macaroni soup for its texture and creamy taste.