Cream of Mushroom Soup. Use the everyday mushrooms we find in our grocery store or use them in combination with some of the more exotic varieties. When it comes to the soup and sandwich deal, mine always comes out of a can and cream of mushroom is a casserole ingredient. Cream of mushroom soup is a simple type of soup where a basic roux is thinned with cream or milk and then mushrooms and/or mushroom broth are added.
Ingredients of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- It’s 1 cup of Mushrooms washed & finally chopped.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Garlic.
- Prepare of onion Finally chopped.
- You need of Chicken broth.
- You need of Heavy cream.
- It’s of Egg yolk.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- Prepare of Corn starch (as needed ).
- It’s of Wine.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s to taste of salt.
Cream of mushroom soup With step by step photos and video. I make this creamy, umami and flavorful mushroom soup recipe on occasions and it is always loved by everyone. Cream of mushroom soup is not gluten free as wheat flour is used to make the roux. This cream of mushroom soup tastes decadent, but it's secretly healthy.
Cream of Mushroom Soup instructions
- Melt butter in a large stockpot. Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 5-6 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in wine and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, 2 egg yolks and thyme. Stir in mixture to the soup until slightly thickened. If the soup is too thin, a….
Its creamy texture comes from pureed cauliflower! Now, I'm a total mushroom convert, and this homemade cream of mushroom soup is one of our favorite dishes to share on cold nights. This easy homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup is so comforting, creamy and full of fresh mushrooms. If you're a mushroom lover (like me) you are going to LOVE this soup. It's chock-full of fresh mushrooms in a rich, savory and creamy broth.