Cream Of Spinach Soup. Rich and creamy spinach soup, with fresh or frozen spinach, onion, potatoes, broth, cream and sour cream. This delicious cream of spinach soup is as rich, smooth and creamy as the label "Cream of" would imply. Reviews for: Photos of Cream of Spinach Soup.
Ingredients of Cream Of Spinach Soup
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of fresh cream.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of chopped spinach.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- It’s 3 tbsp of corn starch dissolved in 1/2cup water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of freshly grounded black pepper.
- Prepare as per taste of salt.
It is possible to have a creamy vegan spinach soup without adding any dairy-free milk or cream. The not-so-secret ingredient is the potato. That's right whole foods all the way! It technically makes this recipe more of a vegan spinach and potato soup though.
Cream Of Spinach Soup step by step
- Heat a non -stick pan,add the onions,saute for 1-2 mins or till onions turn transparent..
- Add the spinach,saute on medium flame for 1min..
- Add 2 cups water,mix well and cook on 5-7 mins, while stirring occasionally..
- Allow it to cool completely..
- Once cooled,blend in a mixer to a smooth puree..
- Strain the puree with the help of a sieve and transfer in a non -stick pan..
- Combine the cornflour,milk and cream in the bowl and mix well making sure no lumps remain,add to the spinach puree,mix well..
- Cook on medium flame,for 3 mins, stirring occasionally..
- Add salt, pepper and cook for more 2 mins..
- Garnish with cream and serve hot..
I hope you don't mind. 🙂. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. If using a blender or food processor, return the soup to the pot. Season to taste with nutmeg and a bit of cayenne or.