Mandy's cream of asparagus Soup. Cream of asparagus soup is a soup prepared with asparagus, stock and milk or cream as primary ingredients. Put that fresh spring asparagus to good use in this creamy soup! I kind of like the flavor of the Cream of Fresh Asparagus Soup I better but this one is definitely faster and easier to make.
Ingredients of Mandy's cream of asparagus Soup
- You need 32 oz of vegetable stock.
- It’s 4 lb of fresh asparagus.
- You need 1 quart of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/3 cup of real butter.
- You need 2 bunch of whole scallions.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Olive oil.
- Prepare 10 small of red potatoes.
- It’s 1 quart of sliced baby portabellos.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
Creamy Asparagus Soup is made with blended asparagus, heavy cream and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Vegetable soups, like creamy tomato or cauliflower soup, are a great way to use fresh farmer's market, supermarket, or maybe even your own garden vegetables. This delicious cream of asparagus soup from Delish.com couldn't be easier. For another way to cook asparagus, give this creamy soup a taste: We marry it with a touch of butter and some garlic to soften the grassy notes, simmer it with broth until tender, then blend it until smooth with a healthy.
Mandy's cream of asparagus Soup instructions
- clean scallions and add them to food processor with about 1/3 cup of the vegetable stock and give scallions a course cup.
- in a large stock pot start the vegetable stock heating to a boil, chop the potatoes and add them to the stock.
- in a large sauce pan heat butter and olive oil to medium heat.
- add chopped scallions and crushed garlic cloves to heated butter and oil, saute until tender. about 5 minutes.
- add flour to the pan with scallions, stir often for another 5 minutes..
- slowly add cream to the flour and scallions and stir constantly until it begins to thicken.
- turn off sauce pan heat and set aside.
- clean asparagus and chop off any woody bottom parts. steam in microwave safe bowl on high in Microwave for about 8 minutes..
- put asparagus in food processor and blend until fairly smooth, pour into vegetable stock.
- pour the contents of sauce pan into stock carefully while stirring.
- add sour cream to stock and mix well.
- add seasoning, adjust seasoning for taste, let all simmer about 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before done, add mushrooms.
I developed this recipe myself by substituting asparagus for broccoli in cream of broccoli soup. It's a big favorite at our house! The only change I made was I blended some of the completed soup, so the cream base had small chunks of asparagus mixed in.. Cream of Asparagus soup as it tastes bright, fresh and slightly earthy thanks to the asparagus, but is also seriously comforting thanks to the luxuriously creamy I love using white beans to create creamy soups and sauces because they become super creamy and add an almost buttery texture. There is something about cream of asparagus soup, in particular, that I find myself craving a bowl of even when it is scorching hot outside.