Cream of tomato soup. This Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe is the perfect tomato soup recipe using fresh tomatoes. This grownup, creamy (and dreamy) tomato soup can easily be doubled to feed a larger group—and makes for great leftovers. Also, cream cheese or sour cream works better because of the extra acidity, especially when using sweeter tomatoes like the Bianco Dinapoli cans.
Ingredients of Cream of tomato soup
- It’s of Butter or oil.
- You need of Baron thimmigs.
- You need of Onion diced.
- It’s of Carrot diced.
- Prepare of Flour.
- Prepare of Fresh tomatoes.
- You need of Stock.
- It’s of Bouquest garnu.
- It’s of Croutons sliced.
- You need of Butter.
This recipe most decidedly is, although it's really not that much more work. Cream of tomato soup recipe with step by step pics. Delicious creamy tomato soup made without cream. This cream of tomato soup is a vegan recipe.
Cream of tomato soup instructions
- Boil the butter in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add the onions and carrots.
- Mix In the flour and cook.
- Gradually add the hot stock.
- Stir the boil.
- Add the bouquest garni and season lightly.
- Simmer for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove the bouquest garni and mirepoix.
- Liqudise or pass firmly through a conical strainer.
- Return to a clean pan correct the seasoning.
- Serve fried or toasted croutons separately.
The creaminess in the soup comes from cashews which also balances the tang of the tomatoes with their inherent sweetness. Here's a surefire chill chaser for Linda Parkhurst of Brooklyn, Michigan. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter. Gradually stir in the cream cheese mixture, cream and basil. This simple cream of tomato soup recipe creates a classic, fresh, warming soup that's a big favourite.