Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot).
Ingredients of Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot)
- It’s 1 of large white onion (diced).
- You need 2 of large carrots (diced).
- Prepare 3 of large stalks of celery (diced).
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of lemons.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of chicken breast(s).
- You need 4 cup of heavy cream (35% cooking cream).
- You need 4 tbsp of heaping chicken soup base.
- You need 4 tbsp of heaping flour.
- Prepare 4 of large bay leaves intact.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each basil, garlic powder, onion salt.
Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) instructions
- Add chopped onion, carrots and celery with enough water to cover by an inch or two to crockpot (should be about 1/3rd of the size of your crockpot- adjust recipe accordingly to fit your crockpot).
- Turn crockpot on high and let cook for 3h or until boiling.
- While veggies are cooking: take the 2 lemons, slice top off of each and gently squeeze juice into small dish (~2 tbsp worth) leaving lemons intact.
- Slice lemons thick, pop seeds out using tip of a knife or a fork, place in ziplock bag in the fridge until later.
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Put chicken, olive oil and lemon juice in large ziplock bag, shake, place in fridge (in a container to prevent leaking) until later.
- Once the veggies are boiling (3h), fry chicken over medium heat until white, add to crockpot.
- In a deep mixing bowl add the cream, chicken base, flour, using a hand blender mix until thick and frothy, add to crockpot.
- Continue cooking on high for one hour or until desired thickness.
- Reduce heat to low, add spices (basil, onion salt, garlic powder, bay leaves), continue cooking for another 30 mins.
- Add lemon slices (they'll float on top) continue cooking on low for another 30-45mins, turn off crockpot, remove lemon slices using a slotted spoon (if you leave them longer they will begin to leave a bitter taste to the soup and the lemon taste will overpower the soup).
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper (no salt should be needed due to the chicken base), enjoy!.