Sig's Cream of Spring & Onion(s) Soup.
Ingredients of Sig's Cream of Spring & Onion(s) Soup
- You need 2 tbsp of soft, salted butter.
- It’s 1 clove of smoked garlic (use normal if you can't get smoked)finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh chives, chopped.
- It’s 175 grams of spring onions (scallions)finely chopped.
- It’s 225 grams of potatoes peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 600 ml of or two and a half cups of good vegetable stock.
- Prepare 200 ml of double (heavy) cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 of small amount of chives and spring onions for garnish.
Sig's Cream of Spring & Onion(s) Soup step by step
- Melt the butter add onions,chives, garlic and spring onions, cook gently until all soft, do not brown, this takes about 10-15 minutes. Add the chopped potatoes and the stock. Bring to a gentle boil, cover and simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes until potatoes are soft..
- Purée until very smooth..
- If you want to eat this soup hot add the cream and season.Gently reheat then add the lemon juice.
- If you want to eat this soup cold, pour into large bowl, stir in the cream and lemon juice and then season.Chill for at least one and a half hours..
- Garnish with spring onions and chives.
- I created this soup myself.