Cream of broccoli soup with cheese. Yep, broccoli and cheese soup with only five ingredients. You'll notice this broccoli and cheese soup recipe contains heavy cream, which reduces when you simmer it enough. In a large pot over medium heat, combine broth, broccoli, onion, carrots and bay leaf.
Ingredients of Cream of broccoli soup with cheese
- It’s 3 of large broccoli bunches.
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 of can of chicken broth.
- You need 2 quart of warm water.
- It’s 4 of stalks celery, diced.
- Prepare 1 packages of dry dairy free creamer.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of reduced calorie margarine.
- It’s 2/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of grated cheese to taste.
Cream of broccoli soup is a smooth, creamy and comforting soup made from broccoli. This broccoli soup can be served plain or with a toasted buttered bread or baguette. Broccoli Cheese Soup is one of our favorite quick and easy meals any time of year! Perfect for lunch, or an easy weeknight dinner with salad and loaf of french bread.
Cream of broccoli soup with cheese instructions
- Clean broccoli and cut into small pieces to steam/simmer along with onion and celery (approx. 20 minutes) in butter and broth. When tender, mix dry creamer and water in a separate large bowl..
- Slowly stir in 2/3-1 cup flour into broccoli, celery, and onion mix until absorbed. Slowly stir in milk mixture over medium heat until thickened. Add cheese to taste, cook until melted..
To make a skinnier version of broccoli cheese soup, you can substitute the cream with evaporated milk and use a light cheddar. This velvety soup with chopped broccoli and creamy cheeses is a real crowd favorite! This Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe is packed with so much flavor that even your non Keto family members will want a bowl of this! Some people also like to add a little cream cheese to the soup while cooking. Just use what you prefer in this Broccoli Cheddar soup.