Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup. I have no problem occasionally using the canned condensed soup nor do I pass any judgment on others who use it. This is a super easy recipe for making your own homemade cream of chicken soup. A homemade version of Cream of Chicken Soup, light years away from the canned stuff!
Ingredients of Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup
- It’s 3 Tbsp. of Butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk, half-and half, OR heavy cream.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked chicken, minced.
- You need 1 can (14 oz.) of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- You need Pinch of dried Thyme (optional).
So, use up the celery leaves and the carrot tops and you'll find they give the soup a beautiful aromatic flavor that blends well with the soft. I will show you how to make your own homemade condensed cream of chicken soup. Easy and cheap to make, and no sketchy ingredients that Add the chicken broth and milk, and whisk together to smooth out the lumps. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking until mixture.
Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup instructions
- You can successfully make this soup in less than 10 minutes from pantry items and a couple refrigerated stables… Start by melting 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Once melted sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour and whisk until smooth. This is going to be a roux not a gravy, so take it easy with measuring the flour, no heaping or packing here..
- Once the flour has absorbed the butter add the milk. Whisk, whisk, whisk. Once the roux thickens add the chicken broth, and you guessed it, whisk..
- Now because everything else we are adding is cooked and just needs to be brought up to temperature turn the heat to medium-low. Add the minced chicken (this can be canned, rotisserie, leftover, white meat, dark meat, chicken you cooked just because you wanted to make soup… Chicken). Then add the chopped mushrooms. I like using the ugly little canned mushrooms for this soup because it keeps soup prep to less than ten minutes. Stir! You thought I was going to say whisk didn't you…..
- I dished my little ones first then added Thyme for my bowl. I hope you enjoy!.
How to Store Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup. I am making a casserole for a family from church that calls for cream of chicken soup. I prefer not to use the condensed soups in a can and opt to make my. We'll show you a homemade cream of chicken soup that's even better than the can. You may never buy cream of chicken soup at the grocery store again!