Cream of Tomato soup with Meatballs. For the meatballs, peel and very finely chop the onion. Mix onion, ground beef, egg, salt, pepper, mustard, oregano and breadcrumbs. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
Ingredients of Cream of Tomato soup with Meatballs
- It’s 600 ml of store-bought soup of your choice(I used cream of tomato).
- It’s 12 of Beef and pork meatballs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of broccoli, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cauliflower, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 Punnet of portobello mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, chopped finely.
- Prepare 4 of fresh sage leaves.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of paprika.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of leek, washed and chopped finely.
- It’s 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained from brine.
- Prepare 1 cup of liquid chicken stock.
Tomato soup is a soup made with tomatoes as the primary ingredient. It may be served hot or cold in a bowl, and may be made in a variety of ways. This Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe is the perfect tomato soup recipe using fresh tomatoes. This grownup, creamy (and dreamy) tomato soup can easily be doubled to feed a larger Stir in ¼ cup cream.
Cream of Tomato soup with Meatballs step by step
- Starting with the meatballs, preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Add the meatballs to a roasting dish, with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, paprika and salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown..
- In a pot on a medium heat, heat up the olive oil, and add the chopped leek and garlic, then add the sage and mushrooms. Add the beans and stir to combine. Add the veggies and stir..
- Add the packet of store bought soup to the pot and bring to the boil. Gradually a little bit of the chicken stock as it cooks and heats up. Add the meatballs to the pot along with any pan juices from the roasting dish, to give it extra flavour. Season with a little salt and pepper..
- Serve with a slice of toast with melted cheese on the side..
Season to taste with I make this in the summer with fresh tomatoes instead of canned and it's a great celebration of tomato season. Nothing is simpler or more classic than opening up a can of cream of tomato soup for lunch. So if you're going to make a homemade version, it had better be worth the extra bother. Although it is not traditional, I like to garnish this soup with a little plain yogurt or sour cream or creme fraiche. Cream of tomato soup recipe with step by step pics.