Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice. This creamy, comforting soup really chases away the chills on cold fall or winter nights. Turn to this recipe when you need to use up leftover turkey from a holiday meal. Add turkey and Worcestershire sauce; heat through.
Ingredients of Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
- Prepare 5 cups of shredded left over turkey.
- It’s 5 of celery stalks, sliced thin.
- It’s 3 of large carrots, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of marsala cooking wine.
- It’s 1 of lg sweet potato.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 qt of whipping cream.
- It’s 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon, or to taste.
- You need 8 strips of bacon, chopped and cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- Prepare 1 sprig of each; fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, fresh sage, minced.
- You need 4 of servings of prepared wild rice.
- You need of Texas toast.
Use your left-over turkey to make a surprisingly elegant cream soup full of tender wild rice and turkey, simmered in broth enriched with half-and-half. Bring the wild rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Scott Stankowski teams up with Chef Thad from Michele's Restaurant and Catering to share his recipe for Cream of Turkey Wild Rice Soup! Bon Appetite! a knob of cream cheese thickens and adds flavor to the soup. instead of cream that adds fat and calories, this recipe uses equal amounts Thanks to the Instant Pot pressure cooker, this easy chicken with wild rice soup is rich, creamy (without any added cream), and fast to make, and it tastes even.
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice step by step
- Sautè carrots, onion, and celery in a lg frying pan with a little oil. When onion gets tender, add garlic. When carrots are tender, deglaze pan with marsala. Cook until all liquid reduces..
- Meanwhile cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until soft. Set aside to cool. As soon as it is able to be handled, peel and place in a bowl. Mix 2 tbs of butter and enough whipping cream to make it mash creamy..
- Place turkey, vegetables, herbs, and bacon into a large stock pot. Cover with water. Add bouillon and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add whipping cream and return to a simmer. Slowly add potatoes, stirring constantly until well incorporated. And heated through..
- In a bowl, place rice to one side. Fill bowl with soup. Serve with Texas toast. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Add the chicken broth, turkey, and Bell's seasoning. Bring to a boil then add the rice. Add the parsley and any additional seasonings as necessary. Calls for celery, carrots, lots of shallots, and mushrooms. Creamy Wild-Rice Soup With Smoked Turkey, Cooking Light.