Simple Cream of Asparagus Soup.
Ingredients of Simple Cream of Asparagus Soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 clove of gralic (crushed).
- You need 2 bunch of asparagus (chopped).
- You need 1 medium of onion (diced).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of diced fresh chives.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh Italian parsley.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
Simple Cream of Asparagus Soup instructions
- Peel and finely dice one medium onion. And crush 2 cloves fresh garlic..
- In a large sause pan melt butter over medium high heat. Once butter is melted add diced onion and pinch of salt and sauté until soft and translucent. About 10 mins.
- And curshed garlic and sauté for about 1 more minute, taking care not to brown garlic..
- Add chicken stock. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins.
- Add chopped asparagus and parsley, increase heat back to high. Boil for approximately 5-10 mins or until asparagus is tender.
- Once asparagus is tender, reduce heat to low and puree using stick blender or food processor (caution soup will be hot). Strain soup if desired and return to pot. Stir in black pepper, pinch more salt and heavy cream..
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with freshly chopped chives..