Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup With Saffron Infused Cream. Pumpkin soup is filling and satisfying enough to stand alone as a main course, but you can certainly serve it as an appetizer instead. Then add the pumpkin, sweet potato, and carrot to the pot with some salt and pepper, stir, and cover. The sweet and earthy flavors of pumpkin and sweet potatoes blend together in this healthy, vegan soup that's easy enough for a weeknight meal.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup With Saffron Infused Cream
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of Onion diced.
- It’s 3 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 small of pumpkin roasted or a can of organic pumpkin purée.
- It’s 1 of Sweet potato roasted.
- It’s 2 of Sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
- It’s 1 pinch of Fine sea salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Saffron threads.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh cream.
- You need 1 of Chives for decoration.
It doesn't matter what Between the red lentils, sweet potatoes and coconut milk, you will be hard pressed to find anything creamier than this Thai curry sweet potato soup! A sweetly spiced pumpkin soup, perfect for those dark winter nights when you long for more daylight. Spiced Pumpkin, Carrot & Sweet Potato Soup. A sweetly spiced vibrant orange soup Check the seasoning and adjust as required.
Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup With Saffron Infused Cream step by step
- Cut your potato and pumpkin into large chunks and roast in the oven for approximately 60 min until flesh is soft. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper before placing into the oven..
- Place olive oil in the pot your going to be using for your soup, add the onions just until translucent in color add the chopped garlic and herbs( rosemary and thyme). Stir for a few minutes. Remove and discard herbs..
- Turn off heat. When your pumpkin is ready and soft, scoop out the flesh with an ice cream scooper and place in the pot with your onion, do the same for the potato. You can also use the canned pumpkin pure if you want..
- Turn on the heat again and add your spices! Cinnamon, black pepper, cumin, salt, cloves. Whatever you like really..
- Add your broth and let simmer for about 25 minutes..
- With a hand held mixer, place in your pot directly and mash until puréed..
- Place your saffron threads into your cream and place in a sauce pan just until you start smelling the amazing scent of the saffron. Make sure not to boil, this should only take a few minutes..
- Add the infused cream to your soup and stir. Turn off the heat..
- You can serve this in cute mini pumpkin bowls which you can place on top of each plate especially with thanksgiving coming. Top with a swirl of cream and fresh cut chives along with any other topping you like..
- Enjoy :).
As above, served topped with a swirl of cream and. Pumpkin and sweet potatoes are roasted with a medley of spices, then pureed and combined with chicken broth for a smooth soup. Oven roasted pumpkins and sweet potatoes with spicy puree and chicken stock for a warming winter treat. You can peel the pumpkin but you don't need to because. Homemade Soup with Roasted Veggies Pumpkin and Sweet Potato.