Leek soup with cream and curry. This soup is a great way to jumpstart your immune system, while also improving cardiac function. This creamy cauliflower soup gets a double shot of robust flavor from roasting the cauliflower and a mixture of curry powder, cayenne pepper, and turmeric. Puree mixture in the saucepan with an immersion blender until mostly smooth.
Ingredients of Leek soup with cream and curry
- It’s 400-600 grams of fresh leek stalks (medium thick have best taste).
- You need 1 of medium sized yellow onion.
- You need 2 of medium sized soft boiling potatoes.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 liter of stock (chicken, vegetable or beef).
- It’s 100 ml of cooking cream.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cream butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of yellow curry powder.
- It’s of some fresh ground black pepper and sea salt.
- It’s of electrical blender.
For soups like this Creamy Leek And Potato Soup With Bacon, you don't even need a slow or Stir in the heavy cream. Add some water, if the soup is too thick. To serve, top with bacon and chopped parsley. Pingback: Favored Campbell's Kitchen Cream Of Bacon soup Recipes Your Family Love It.
Leek soup with cream and curry instructions
- Bring a small pan of water to a boil for the potatoes, they need longer than the soup so I always boil separate, not a must though.
- Peel and cut the potatoes in 1cm cubes, add to the boiling water with a little salt and boil for 20 minutes untill soft.
- Meanwhile cut the onion and garlic in small pieces and put aside.
- Cut the leek in the length and then in half rings, take the rings apart and wash off thoroughly all the sand and mud in a big sif, keep a few rings separate to garnish the soup when served.
- Put a 2-3 liter soup pan on medium heat with the cream butter.
- When the butter is hot add the onion and garlic and fry the slowly untill soft, when half done, add the curry powder.
- Now add the stock, the leek and the potato cubes and bring to a boil, then put the heat down and let it softly boil for 10 minutes.
- Use the electrical hand blender to blend the soup smooth.
- Add the cream, some pepper and salt and maybe a little more curry powder to taste and again heat up, when it boils it's done.
- Add to a bowl or soup plate and garnish with some leek rings.
Cauliflower and leek cream soup Leek cream Cream of potato and leek with toasted bacon Homemade cream soup with wild leek on a wooden background. Creamy and healthy Vegan Potato Leek Soup. If you're making a traditional creamy soup the base is full-fat cream which helps give the soup that thick, creamy texture. This soup quickly became our family favorite. I enjoy making hearty dishes like this one—and I especially like cooking with pork when I can.my husband and I raise I got this recipe from an old family friend, who gave me my first batch of leeks, too!