Chocolate Chip Angel.Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting. Chocolate and whipped cream is one of the most classic flavors combinations. Both in terms of appearance and taste, it is a wonderful combination – so delicious and beautiful I simply don't know anyone who does not like it.. The frosting is made with freshly whipped cream and plenty of cocoa for a rich chocolate taste.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Angel.Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
- You need of CUPCAKES.
- You need 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- It’s 6 of large egg whites, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tarter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/3 cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips.
- It’s of CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate, chopped or semi sweet chocolate chips.
- It’s of GARNISH.
- You need 12 of to 14 fresh raspberries.
- It’s of shaved white and dark chocolate.
I wanted a single serve way to have angel food cake. These make light but so delicious little cupcakes. The frosting is perfect for them but to pack in lunch boxes leave it off. The full size cakes are light, but sometimes you just don't need a whole big cake.
Chocolate Chip Angel.Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Line 12 to 14 standard cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Sift flour, 6 tablespoons sugar, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla and then add remalning 6 tablespoons sugar very slowly to egg whites while beating to stiff peaks.
- Fold sifted flour into egg whites in 3 additions being careful not to deflate but being sure flour is completely .mixed In.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill prepared cupcake tin almost 3/4 full..
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes until cupcake springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes then remove and cool completely lb wire racks..
- MAKE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING.
- Have chopped chocolate in a large bowl. Heat cream to a simmer, pour over chocolate. Let sit 1 minute then stir until.smooth. Chill uncovered until.cold, at least 1 hour.
- Whip cold chocolate cream mixture until light and fluffy.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with frosting. Garnish with shaved white and dark chocolate shavings and raspberries.
- Any extra whipped,chocolate frosting is delicious with fresh fruit, sandwiched between cookies, even swirled in oatmeal or on waffles or pancakes.
Maybe you don't have an angel food pan, which is crucial to success in baking a full angel food cake, or maybe you don't want to use up a dozen eggs just for the egg whites. Perhaps it's just too much cake to have lying around the house. You can use white frosting for "whipped cream" and dark frosting or melted candy melts/chocolate for "hot fudge". Optional: For a cherry on top, take a ball of hot pink fondant and add a coiled piece of white paper colored floral wire that has been painted with coloring gel + vodka or lemon extract. Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting is light and fluffy, yet sturdy and stabilized enough to pipe on cupcakes or cakes.