Spotted Trotter Sausage, Crisp Apple and Kale Pasta in Cream Sauce. Reviews for: Photos of Crisp Apple and Sausage Salad. You saved Crisp Apple and Sausage Salad to your Favorites. Part two of my three part Valentine's day special continues, with this delicious and hearty pasta.
Ingredients of Spotted Trotter Sausage, Crisp Apple and Kale Pasta in Cream Sauce
- Bereiten 1 of Water, as needed.
- Bereiten 6 oz of Penne pasta.
- Es ist 1 of Olive oil, as needed.
- Du brauchst 8 oz of smoked beef kielbasa, bias cut 1/2 inch pieces.
- Du brauchst 3 oz of onion, sliced thinly.
- Du brauchst 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- Bereiten 3 oz of kale, cleaned and cut or torn into 1 inch pieces.
- Bereiten 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- Bereiten 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- Du brauchst 1/4 cup of half and half.
- Du brauchst 1 each of apple, small, sliced thinly.
- Es ist 1 oz of grated Parmesan.
Add kale, season with salt and pepper. Add cream sauce to saute pan to toss the drained pasta or rice with the cream sauce and seafood, reserving a few scallops and shrimp for the top. Pasta Recipes Shellfish Recipes Shrimp Scallop Recipes Rice Recipes Grain Recipes Dairy Recipes Shallot Recipes Main Dish Recipes for a Crowd. For a fast weeknight pasta dinner, why not cook your sauce and pasta all at once?
Spotted Trotter Sausage, Crisp Apple and Kale Pasta in Cream Sauce Schritt für Schritt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Once water has reached a boil, add penne and cook for 10-13 minutes or until al dente..
- While the water is warming, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a small amount of olive oil, and place the sausage in the pan. Brown the sausage on all sides. Remove from skillet to a plate or rimmed dish..
- Add olive oil as needed to render the sausage fat and lightly coat the pan. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add kale. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook while stirring occasionally, until tender. Reduce heat to low, and add the half and half and apple. Return sausage slices to the pan..
- Drain the pasta thoroughly, then add to the pan with the rest of the veggies to heat through..
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Plate and top with grated Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve, and enjoy!.
By using the exact amount of water you need to cook the pasta–no colanders here–the starch that cooks off into your pasta water Reviews for: Photos of One-Pot Italian Sausage & Kale Pasta. This pasta sauce is one of my favorites to make! It comes together super quickly in a slow cooker and requires no cooking beforehand. At the end of this cooking time, you may want to skim the fat from the top of the sauce. Because we did not cook the sausage before we added it, fat tends to ooze out.