Homemade Hamburger Helper – Taco Pasta. Similar to Hamburger Helper but so much more. This Cheeseburger Casserole is a homemade Hamburger Helper recipe. It's cheesy, beefy, saucy and absolutely fabulous. "It's beefy, cheesy and saucy – Hamburger Helper tastes like cheeseburgers in pasta form!" Cheeseburger Casserole.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper – Taco Pasta
- Du brauchst 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Es ist 1/2 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Es ist 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Du brauchst 2 cups of small uncooked pasta.
- Es ist 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Es ist 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Bereiten 1 tsp. of each chili powder, ground cumin.
- Bereiten 1/2 tsp. of each salt, paprika, smoked paprika.
- Du brauchst 1/4 tsp. of pepper, garlic powder.
- Bereiten 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Bereiten 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
When I was little, my mom made everything from scratch. I do remember a few things from visiting my friends'. Homemade hamburger helper is easy, quick and taste better that the box. Made with only pasta, meat, milk, water, cheese and spices.
Homemade Hamburger Helper – Taco Pasta Anleitung
- Start out by heating the oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Add the onion and cook about 3-4 minutes. Then add the ground beef and cook until browned through, breaking it up as you go. Drain out any excess fat, if needed. Then add the pasta and milk to the skillet.
- Using a tbsp. of the water you have measured, mix it and the cornstarch together in a small separate bowl to form a slurry. Add the rest of the water to the skillet along with the seasonings and the cornstarch slurry. Stir it all together and wait for it to come to a boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover with the lid. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cheese until it's incorporated in. Place the lid back on and let it sit for 5 or so minutes before serving..
I wasn't introduced to Hamburger Helper until I got married. Gluten-free Homemade Crunchy Taco Hamburger Helper is much healthier than the boxed version. Homemade Hamburger Helper is made from things you likely already have in the pantry/fridge, this easy homemade skillet dinner comes together REALLY fast. I make it ahead – in that I make up little baggies of the spices and seasonings, with the pasta and instructions on the front so the husband can. Call it cheeseburger macaroni, homemade hamburger helper or hamburger mac and cheese.