Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice. Classic Louisiana Red Beans and Rice with Sausage. Are Red Beans and Kidney Beans the Same Thing? And my family always made them extra spicy (but not all palettes can hand that).
Ingredients of Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice
- Bereiten of RED BEANS AND RICE INGREDIENTS.
- Bereiten 3 lb of Smoked Pre-Cooked Andouille Sausage.
- Du brauchst 2 box of 32 oz Beef Broth.
- Es ist 3 large of Chopped Onions.
- Es ist 3 large of Green Bell Peppers.
- Du brauchst 2 large of Yellow Bell Peppers.
- Es ist 2 large of Red Bell Peppers.
- Du brauchst 8 large of Stalks Celery With Leaves.
- Es ist 1 of Extra Large Minced Bulb Garlic.
- Du brauchst 4 can of Drained Red Beans.
- Bereiten 3 can of Drained Pinto Beans.
- Bereiten 1 can of 8 oz Crushed Tomatoes.
- Du brauchst 3 dash of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of Cajun Seasoning.
- Bereiten 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Bereiten 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of Coarse Black Pepper.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of Dried Cilantro.
- Es ist 1/4 tsp of Celery Seed.
- Bereiten 1/4 tsp of Thyme.
- Du brauchst 1/4 tsp of Sage.
- Bereiten 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Es ist 6 small of Drops Liquid Smoke.
- Es ist 1 large of 12 oz Bottle Tabasco.
- Es ist 4 cup of Chicken Broth [or however much fluid your rice bag calls for].
- Du brauchst 4 cup of White Rice.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of Dried Chives.
This spicy red beans and rice dish is a popular recipe. The beans are flavored with sausage Serve this hot and spicy version of red beans over hot cooked rice and bake a fresh skillet of cornbread Meanwhile, saute in extra virgin olive oil the onion, garlic, parsley, and celery. These beans smell so good when they are cooking and the results are a tasty, New Orleans style red beans and rice. I have tried several recipes but this one is easier than the others I've tried with an excellent result.
Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice Schritt für Schritt
- De-thaw your pre-cooked Andouille Sausage in microwave and cut pieces at an angle 1" long. Place in oversized pot..
- Large chop all of your vegetables and put in your pot..
- Open and drain your beans and place in pot. Reserve 1 can of Pinto Beans just in case you're one to enjoy a creamy texture in your Red Beans & Rice or a thickener. Simply drain beans and smash with a potato masher and place in your oversized pot with your whole beans..
- Add enough Beef Broth to accommodate your pot mixture. Not too much though. This dish should be viscous or a bit thicker upon serving [unless you're serving dipping bread] so you may not need both boxes..
- Add all of your seasonings and a 1/2 of your extra large bottle of Tabasco. Stir and heat..
- Bring your dish to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Stir intermittently..
- Authors Note: While Crushed Tomatoes aren't indicative to this dish, we find they make an excellent accompaniment!.
- Simmer until you think your veggies are well cooked. 2+ hours usually. Continue adding your Beef Broth throughout simmering if this dish becomes too thick..
- In a separate pot, bring your Chicken Broth to a boil. Add Dried Chives and White Rice and cook as per the rice bag's directions. Chicken Broth lends a great flavor to bland rice. You can also use Uncle Bens Boil In Bag Rice. Just omit the Dried Chives and make sure to use Chicken Broth instead of water. You also have the option to place the rice directly in your oversized pot with all the other ingredients or on the side. I'll put the rice directly in my oversized pot if the dish is too thin. That step usually thickens this dish right up..
- Pull out the Bay Leaves. Also, since the flavors of spices can dissipate with long simmer times, I taste test and add usually add 1/4 + more of my Tabasco bottle, Cajun Seasoning, Italian Seasoning, Garlic and Onion Powder. In general, I'll use 10 oz + of a large 12 oz bottle of Tabasco in this dish..
- Simmer another 15 minutes and serve with dipping bread or corn bread and side bottles of Tabasco..
Serve with cornbread or corn muffins and your meal is complete. Add the red beans, kale leaves, chipotles and sauce,Worcestershire, smoked paprika, onion powder, thyme, oregano and cayenne. Serve the red beans on top of steamed white rice and garnish with sliced scallions and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Black, red or pinto beans are baked with jalapeno chile peppers and spices, and served atop hot brown rice. Red beans and rice literally from scratch using dried beans.