Dinosaur Beef Ribs. Home/Beef, Newsletter Archive/Smoked Beef Short Ribs aka "Dinosaur Ribs". These smoked beef short ribs are man-sized or sized for anyone who likes beef in a BIG way. Three Little Pigs BBQ ~ Kansas City based barbeque by Chris Marks and the good one smoker providing award winning bbq sauces, rubs.
Ingredients of Dinosaur Beef Ribs
- Du brauchst of Bone in short ribs.
- Du brauchst of Montreal Seasoning.
- Es ist of Granulated Garlic.
- Bereiten of Beef Stock.
For the ribs Lamb shoulder chops and beef rack ribs with green salsa: Meat on the bone is always tastier. My specific instinct for slaying these beef "dinosaur" bones is to reach for Australian Shiraz. Dino bones, brontosaurs ribs, or beef ribs? No matter what you call them, this recipe is a guaranteed hit!
Dinosaur Beef Ribs Schritt für Schritt
- Get smoker heating to 285°. While it's heating up trim as much excess fat off the top of the ribs. Don't pull the membrane off the bone side of the ribs, there is no meat on that side and it helps them stay together while cooking..
- Dust all sides with the montreal seasoning and granulated garlic. Let sit to get the chill off while the smoker heats up..
- Place on the smoker and cook uncovered for 3-4 hours. Keep the temperature between 275°-300°..
- The size of your ribs will determine how long you need to cook, mine were on the larger size so to get the color and amount of fat rendering it took me about 4 hours uncovered..
- Wrap in foil and cook for another 2-4 hours. Pour about half a can of beef stock (6-7oz homemade) in the bottom of the foil first before putting the ribs in. This will not only add flavor but steam them as well..
- You're looking for an internal temp of around 200°. The main thing is the thermometer goes into the meat easily without any resistance. I was expecting to cook covered for about 3 hours but mine took 4 hours. We did have some pop up storms and rain that lasted longer than supposed to so I did end up with greater fluctuations in my temps than wanting..
- Leave wrapped and let cool for about an hour. Unwrap and you'll see the meat has drawn back a good amount and the stock and drippings have pooled in the bottom to make a great dipping sauce..
- Slice the ribs and behold the beautiful smoke ring 🙂 Serve with your favorite sides and dive right in caveman style!.
Cover the pan and refrigerate the ribs. These Dinosaur beef ribs are a SHOW STOPPER for sure. You may have to check in with your local. Tom Mylan's Dinosaur Ribs from AndrewZimmern.com I have been wanting to try making beef ribs I may give these a shot. And they call it Dino or Dinosaur Beef Rib (not made with real Dinosaur, ok?) and that's how I enjoyed my time with my parents and my aunt at a meat market restaurant (I forgot what it's called) and that.