Black Beans & Rice. Black beans are generally the size of a pea, oval-shaped and jet-black with cream-colored flesh. They are part of the legume family, which also includes kidney, lima, navy and pinto beans as well as peas. They have a satiny black skin and a white center.
Ingredients of Black Beans & Rice
- Es ist 1 C of rice.
- Du brauchst 2 C of + 1 T beef stock.
- Bereiten 15 oz of black beans.
- Bereiten 1 of tomato bouillon cube.
- Es ist 1 clove of garlic; minced.
- Bereiten 1/2 of yellow onion; minced.
- Bereiten 1 t of cumin.
- Bereiten 1 t of paprika.
- Es ist 2 T of butter.
- Bereiten as needed of vegetable oil.
- Du brauchst 1 pinch of kosher salt & black pepper.
If you need a new and improved way to use it up, try these black bean soups, bowls, dips, and bakes. Black beans are a readily available, inexpensive legume packed with protein. Black beans are rich in carbohydrates and they are also and excellent source of fiber (both soluble and insoluble). Black bean may refer to: Black adzuki bean, a variety of adzuki bean in Korean cuisine.
Black Beans & Rice Schritt für Schritt
- Heat beef stock seperately in a small saucepot..
- Heat enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of a small sauce pot..
- Add onions. Sweat over medium heat for approximately 8 minutes or until onions begin to soften and caramelize..
- Add butter, garlic, and bouillon. Stir to melt. Use a wooden spoon to break and dissolve bouillon cube..
- Add rice and seasonings. Stir well. Cook 1 minute..
- Add black beans. Stir..
- Add stock. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Simmer for approximately 15-17 minutes or until no running water remains on bottom of pot. (Helps to have a clear lid.) Remove pot from heat. Let steam 5-8 minutes. Do not remove cover..
- Variations; Cinnamon, coriander seed, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, chicken stock, vegetable stock, bacon fat, pigeon peas, pinto beans, corn, sofrito, beer, tequila, adobo, chipotle, mole, lime zest, orange zest, shallots, habanero, smoked paprika, applewood seasoning, oregano, Mexican oregano, coriander seed, chili powder, serrano, ancho chile, chipotle, diced avocado, guacamole, salsa, queso fresco, cotija, chihuahua, goat cheese, diced green chiles, rum extract, celery, celery seed, carrots, jalapeños, ground jalapeño powder, scallions, chives, cilantro, Anaheim chiles, parsley, diced tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, roasted garlic, roasted tomatoes, chili pepper sauce, epazote, lemon, ground coffee, mango, mushrooms, mustard seed, white pepper, white onion, red onions, sherry, thyme, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, butternut squash, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar.
Black gram (Vigna mungo), a variety of gram (lentil) in South Asian cuisine. Black soybean, in East Asian cuisine. Fermented black beans (douchi) used in Chinese cuisine. Research on black bean carbohydrates keeps expanding the list of health benefits provided by this legume for our digestive tract. Some much-deserved attention here has been focused on resistant.