Short ribs with paprika crusted potatoes. Hot paprika, pimentón and bacon give this savory beef stew recipe a hot, smoky flavor. Transform beef short ribs into the ultimate meat-and-potatoes meal with winning crockpot recipes that get the cut of meat perfectly tender and juicy. Short ribs are seasoned, seared to create a crust on the meat, then braised low and slow in the crockpot with apple juice, beef broth, and pearl onions.
Ingredients of Short ribs with paprika crusted potatoes
- Du brauchst 4 pieces of short ribs.
- Du brauchst 1 litre of beef stock.
- Es ist 1 glass of wine.
- Du brauchst 2 of onions.
- Du brauchst 3 of medium tomatoes.
- Bereiten 1 kg of potatoes.
- Du brauchst of salt.
- Es ist of pepper.
- Es ist 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika.
- Bereiten 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Du brauchst 2 of bay leaves.
- Du brauchst of parsley.
- Es ist of basil.
Let the short ribs come to room temperature. This will help them brown easier and create that crust that keeps the juice in while braising. Season them generously with salt and pepper. Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet and add the short ribs.
Short ribs with paprika crusted potatoes Anleitung
- In deep pan fry short ribs on each side until brown than set them aside..
- In the same pan fry roughly chopped salted onions and then add finely chopped tomatoes, without skins. Then put the meat on onions and deglaze with wine. Add the stock, parsley and basil..
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Put the foil on the pan and put the pan in the oven for 2-2,5 hours..
- When meat is done, take it out and turn up the temperature to 200°C..
- Roughly chop potatoes, mix with smoked paprika and flour and add salt and pepper. Put it on a baking tray with enough oil that it doesn't burn. Put it in the oven for 25min, than turn it and bake for another 20min, more if needed..
- While potatoes are in the oven, take the foil off the pan and cook it on a low heat so you get darker gravy..
- Serve potatoes and ribs separately just like in the picture..
- Bon appétit!.
Season short ribs generously with salt and pepper. Working in batches if necessary, add short ribs to the hot oil. As soon as the short ribs are cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, and shred into small pieces. When ready to serve, cut the short ribs between each bone. Serve with the sauce, roast carrots and mashed potato (recipes follow).