Left over prime rib stew. Now that Christmas is over, many of us have leftover prime rib sitting in the refrigerator. What to do with the leftover meat slices is easy The best part of this stew is that you can also use up your leftover au jus and wine, and serve the stew with a dollop of leftover. This is a hearty stew recipe, chock-full of vegetables, that uses up any prime rib left over from Christmas dinner.
Ingredients of Left over prime rib stew
- Du brauchst 1 of left over prime rib pieces and bones.
- Du brauchst 1 of left over veggies.
- Du brauchst 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of tumeric.
- Es ist 3 of thyme sprigs.
- Du brauchst 2 of rosemary sprigs.
- Es ist 1 of oregano sprig.
- Es ist 16 oz of water.
- Du brauchst 2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Du brauchst 1 of beef stock (to taste for 16oz water).
- Bereiten 1 of salt to taste.
- Du brauchst 1 of pepper to taste.
- Es ist 2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Es ist 1 splash of red wine.
A great way to use leftovers and create something new. We had Prime Rib on Christmas Day and I was looking for a good way to use the leftovers as I hate to waste food. Be the first to review this recipe. Trim the prime rib and put the best parts aside.
Left over prime rib stew Anleitung
- You will need a double dutch oven, something to stir with and tongs. Oh and leftovers from my prime rib recipie xD https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353470-prime-rib.
- Set your oven to 230°F. Place your left over rib peices in the lid of your double dutch oven and your veggies in the bottom. Place in the oven and allow the beef and veggies to brow slightly. Around 15 minutes..
- Carefully remove the items from the oven. Coat the veggies with the flour and add the stock and drippings into the pot stirring in the seasoning. Slice up the rib pieces into small bite sized bits and add all the remaining ingredients into the pot (including the rib bones) and place it back into the oven with the lid on. Allow to cook for 45 minutes..
- Carefully remove the pot from the oven and remove the rib bones. Give a stir and serve..
Place the bones and fat and the lesser parts into a pot, and cover with water, just enough to cover it all. A Leftover Prime Rib Sandwich is the best way to enjoy your prime rib roast leftovers. Pin it to your SANDWICH BOARD to SAVE it for later! Great way to use left over prime rib. Prepare in morning and cook in crock pot or on stove top.