Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs. Paired with the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker, this is the best BBQ ever. Remove bags of ribs from water. Sous vide beef ribs come out a nice medium rare while still maintaining that great beefy flavor typical of beef ribs.
Ingredients of Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs
- Du brauchst 2 of slabs Beef Ribs.
- Bereiten 5 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- Es ist 4 tbsp of Kosher Salt.
- Du brauchst 3 tbsp of Chinese Five Spice Powder.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Bereiten 1 cup of Chinese Style Bbq Sauce *see my recipe*.
- Du brauchst 4 of BPA free gallon sized bags.
Cooking ribs in a plastic bag means all the juices stay right there, with the beef ribs. Sous Vide is an ideal way to cook beef short ribs, resulting in tender juicy meat ready to fall off the bone. Read our recipe to learn how. Avocado Oil (or another high smoke point oil).
Sous-vide Smoked Beef Ribs Schritt für Schritt
- Get the sous-vide water bath warming up to 165° F.
- Make the Chinese style rib rub. Combine the brown sugar, Chinese five spice, salt and onion powder into a jar and mix together thoroughly..
- Trim the excess fat from the ribs and cut in half..
- Coat ribs with the rub and let rest until the water bath reaches temperature..
- When the water is to temp place the ribs into the bags and submerge into the water..
- I use an oven cooling rack across the top of the bath to clip the top of the bags too to keep the zipper from going into the water. I've never fully trusted them to not leak when counting on them..
- Cover the top with plastic wrap to hold in the heat. The cooling rack helps support this too..
- Let cook in the water bath for 24 hours..
- After the 24 hours place the ribs on a smoker preheated to 250°F. I use pecan wood..
- Let them smoke for 2 hours, then brush with the Chinese style bbq sauce and cook for another hour then sauce again..
- Check after another hour and if to desired doneness remove from heat..
- Let rest for about an hour then grab some napkins and dive in!.
Thread in 'Sous Vide Cooking' Thread starter Started by radioguy Sorry don't have very many pictures, but I did want to share some details as these ribs were my first ones in the sous vide and soo good! Sous-Vide-Que combines the best of three great cooking methods: grilling, smoking, and sous vide. Smoked barbecue beef ribs are taken to a new level of deliciousness in this recipe for sous-vide-que beef ribs with rosemary wine sauce. Some people will tell you to Sous-Vide your ribs naked but not me!! I dry brine all my proteins for the In traditional smoking, I always add the sauce during the last couple of hours.