Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole. Poor Man's Smoked Sausage and Pepper Casserole Recipe. This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a small commission if you This casserole is simple and easy and let me tell you… finger lickin' good. You'll have to make enough for leftovers.
Ingredients of Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole
- Bereiten 1 (12 oz) of beef smoked sausage "rope".
- Du brauchst 1 (14.5 oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- Es ist 1 of large yellow onion.
- Es ist 2 of small zucchini.
- Bereiten 2 of small to medium yellow squash.
- Bereiten 8 oz of mushrooms (white button or cremini).
- Es ist 1 stick of butter.
- Du brauchst 1 1/3 cup of yellow corn meal.
- Du brauchst 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Du brauchst 1/2 cup of water.
- Es ist 1-1 1/2 tsp of salt (start with 1, adjust to taste).
- Du brauchst 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
Add chopped onion and saute until onion is tender. Add green beans, mushrooms, and potatoes. Cook a one-pot sausage casserole or cassoulet for a warming midweek meal – and add beans, lentils and vegetables to your stew for extra goodness. A comforting and hearty one-pot sausage stew with chorizo, smoked paprika and plenty of vegetables.
Ugly Smoked Sausage Casserole Schritt für Schritt
- Prep: Cut sausage, zucchini, and yellow squash in half lengthwise, then slice to 1/2"thick slices. Clean and quarter mushrooms. Chop onion to 1/2" pieces. Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Melt butter in a large, deep sided sautée pan over medium heat. Add all ingredients prepped in step 1. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies begin to just soften, stirring often. About 10 minutes..
- Add tomatoes with juices. Use spoon to break up some of the tomato slices into smaller pieces. Stir in water. Simmer 5 more minutes..
- Turn off heat. Combine corn meal and flour in a medium bowl. Add to veggie mixture. Stir to combine. It will look gloppy and pastey. This is good. Lol.
- Press mixture into a greased 9×13" casserole. Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy..
Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Cabbage Casserole. Picture courtesy of Peace Love and Low Carb. This recipe provides a trifecta And what if you didn't have to gorge yourself just to gain muscle and didn't have to put on pounds and pounds of ugly fat, either? In short, what if I told. You can put this Smoked Breakfast Casserole all together the night before and place it in the fridge.