Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with ground beef, bell peppers, onions and tomato sauce. Part of the reason I almost never make stuffed peppers for us at home is the frustrating process of cooking them. Between the browning and stuffing of the bell.
Ingredients of Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker
- Bereiten 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Bereiten 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Du brauchst 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Es ist 2 of large bell peppers, diced.
- Bereiten 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Du brauchst 1 can (28 oz.) of unsalted crushed tomatoes.
- Du brauchst 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Bereiten 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Es ist 3 cups of unsalted chicken or beef broth.
- Du brauchst 2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- Bereiten 1 tsp. of salt.
- Bereiten 1/2 tsp. of each pepper, smoked paprika, dried basil.
- Du brauchst of Cooked rice, for serving (or different grain of your choosing).
If you're a fan of our famous Stuffed Peppers, this hearty stuffed pepper soup is for you! Made with ground beef, green bell peppers, and diced tomatoes, this comforting recipe simmers all day in the slow cooker, so it's ready. Try this stuffed pepper soup that is easily made in the slow cooker. Filled with bell peppers, tomatoes and beef, wonderful topped with cheese.
Stuffed Pepper Soup – Slow Cooker Anleitung
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the ground meat and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat if needed..
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the ingredients EXCEPT for the rice. Stir everything well and then place the lid on and set the heat to low for 5-6 hours..
- To serve, stir in some hot, cooked rice (or other grain) into individual bowls and top with some shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!.
- You could also stir the rice into the soup and serve it that way, but since we usually have leftovers, I prefer to store the soup and rice separately so the rice doesn't absorb the majority of the liquid..
How to make stuffed pepper soup: Ground beef – cooked and crumbled. Bell peppers – I use green and red. Assemble this soup in advance to maximize the flavor. The day before you plan on serving, add all ingredients to the slow cooker except for the rice and nutritional yeast. This allows the vegetables and meat to soak up the flavor of the herbs.