Shelly's Swiss Steak. See great recipes for Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak too! This classic Swiss steak is made with a thick slice of top round steak slow cooked in tomato sauce until completely tender. One steak will easily feed a whole family.
Ingredients of Shelly's Swiss Steak
- Du brauchst 1-2 lbs of eye of round steak.
- Es ist 1 cup of carrots whole or diced.
- Bereiten 2 of .stalked of diced celery.
- Es ist 1 cup of sliced portobello mushrooms.
- Es ist 3 of small potatoes quartered.
- Es ist 1 of medium yellow onion thinly sliced.
- Bereiten 2 cloves of garlic.
- Du brauchst 1/2 C of flour.
- Du brauchst 1 1/2 of beef broth or onion soup mix.
- Bereiten 1 tbl of tomato paste.
- Es ist tsp of paprika, oregano, thyme.
- Bereiten of s&p.
- Es ist tbl of worcheshire, liquid smoke.
- Es ist 1 can of diced or stewed tomatoes.
- Es ist 2 tbl of oil/butter.
This tender braised steak is one for the books. Thanks to Worcestershire sauce and stewed tomatoes, this steak is practically. This classic Swiss steak recipe is true comfort food. The steaks are browned and then slowly baked Although many might think Swiss steak comes from Switzerland, in reality, the name comes from the.
Shelly's Swiss Steak Schritt für Schritt
- Pound out meat. 1inch thick..
- Season flour and dredge. Season well. Shake off excess flour..
- Sautee veggies and garlic 1-2 minutes. Scrape bottom with some beef broth..
- Add tomatoes, liquid smoke, worcheshire, broth, seasonings. Bring to simmer. Taste.
- Oven 325 for 2 hours..
For dinner tonight, try Alton Brown's Swiss Steak cutlets from Good Eats on Food Network, cooked in bacon drippings and smothered in an oniony beef gravy. Swiss steak is a popular American dish consisting of a round or rump steak that has been swissed, which is a technique of tenderizing the meat by pounding it. The steak is usually braised in a tomato. Old fashioned Swiss Steak with tomatoes cooked in the oven. Your family will enjoy this old fashioned Swiss Steak made the classic way with cubed steak and tomatoes.