Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne. Packed with flavour and a whole bunch of your favorite ingredients, this may just be the TASTIEST sweet stuffed potato that you will EVER eat! Cajun Chilli Con Carne Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. The family will love this Cajun twist on the traditional chilli.
Ingredients of Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne
- Bereiten 2 pc. of sweet potato, medium (approx 2 x 4 inch each).
- Du brauchst 1/2 cup of lean ground beef.
- Du brauchst 1 pc. of carrot, small, minced.
- Bereiten 1/4 cup of pinto beans (cooked and canned, or refried type).
- Du brauchst 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Bereiten of Spices.
- Du brauchst 1 pc. of bell pepper, small (red or green), finely chopped.
- Du brauchst 1 pc. of onion, small, finely chopped.
- Es ist 2 cloves of garlic.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of salt, adjust according to taste.
- Du brauchst 1/8 tsp of ground cumin.
- Es ist of Sauce.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Es ist 1/8 tsp of cayenne or chilli pepper.
- Bereiten 1/8 cup of lemon / lime/ calamansi juice.
- Bereiten Dash of honey, to taste.
- Du brauchst 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Es ist of Optional.
- Du brauchst 1/8 tsp of anise seed (optional).
- Bereiten 2 tbsp of shredded mozarella, as garnish (optional).
This is a really easy chilli con carne recipe. It has loads of flavour even though it uses mostly store cupboard ingredients. You can experiment with how hot it is by leaving the seeds in the fresh chillies or adding a pinch of dried chilli flakes. Chilli con carne: correctly served on rice, but missing the required toppings – and what is that side As for the more viscous, gluey jarred salsas, they are invariably a ludicrously sweet gloop that would Potatoes (eg chilli-topped fries) we have covered above.
Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne Anleitung
- Drain your cooked pinto beans, and set aside 1/4 cup. Transfer remaining pinto beans on a canister and fill it with water then keep it in fridge for future use. If using canned refried pinto beans just set aside 1/4 cups, and transfer the remaining good stuff on a container and store it in fridge..
- Fill large pot with water (about 6-8 cups), set steamer and place washed root crop. Cover with lid. Turn heat to high. Soon as the water boil, turn heat down to medium. Let root crop steam for 30 minutes. NOTE: A. you don't want a burnt pot 🤭, so check water level every 10 minutes. Add water when necessary. B. boiling root crop reduces its natural sweet flavor, which is why I do not recommend that method. C. If you own a microwave, nuke it for 40 mins..
- While the root crop is steaming, chop your onion, garlic, carrot and bell pepper. Set aside..
- Make the sauce. On a small bowl, mix well all "sauce" ingredients. Set aside..
- Time to stir fry spices: Put pan over high heat, soon as it smokes a bit, turn down heat to medium. Wait for 10 seconds before placing olive oil. Stir fry onion until semi translucent, then mix in minced garlic. Soon as garlic is almost golden brown add in cumin, (anise seed – optional) and bell pepper..
- If spices wafts fragrantly at home this point meant it is time to mix in your minced carrots and lean ground beef. Continue stir frying until beef is cooked. Then add in cooked pinto beans and sauce mix. Stir then let it simmer with lid cover, over low heat for about 2-4 minutes. If the sauce is reduced, just add 1 or 2 tbsp water and let it simmer for additional 30 sec. more or less, uncovered. Your chilli con carne is done..
- Your sweet potato is done after 30mins of steaming. But if you want it extra soft, steam it for another 10-15 minutes..
- Take out the root crop off the steamer. Using a wet, but wringed out hand towel, peel off sweet potato skin to discard it..
- On chopping board, cut one sweet potato in half lenght wise, then transfer on one serving bowl. Blanket sweet potato with the chilli con carne, and top it with freshly shredded mozarella cheese (optional). Repeat this step for the other sweet potato, and serve that other set to your love one or a friend. Enjoy!.
Like Celebrity Big Brother, it is dumb junk. Back then it was long before we got our first instant pot pressure cooker and we If you have not yet tried chilli con carne think of it as that easy healthy one pot meal. That has so many uses and occasions in mind. It's a quick, easy one pot meal that's delicious to eat Spoon into bowls, top with chilli to taste, avocado and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy by itself or with a side Top with spelt and olive oil shortcrust or smashed cauliflower or sweet potato for a delicious pie.