Smoked Pastrami (Dirty Version). On this video I get to try out my new Traeger Pellet smoker and make a quick and dirty homemade pastrami. This may not be the traditional way to make but. I'm gonna show you how to make the king of all sandwiches, a pastrami reuben.
Ingredients of Smoked Pastrami (Dirty Version)
- Bereiten 1 (4 lb) of Packaged Brined Corned Beef Brisket.
- Du brauchst of For The Rub:.
- Bereiten 1/3 cup of Ground Coriander.
- Bereiten 1/2 cup of Coarse Ground Pepper.
- Es ist 1/4 cup of Cup Garlic Powder.
- Bereiten 4 tbsp of Paprika.
- Du brauchst 3 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Es ist 2 tbsp of Ground Thyme.
- Du brauchst of Sour Dough Rolls.
- Es ist as needed of Mustard.
We have a recipe, key temps & expert tips Pastrami is cured, spiced, and smoked brisket that was originally developed as a means of preserving meat. We typically use juicy, flavorful pastrami in sandwiches. I'm here to tell you that when it comes to pastrami, the undisputed deli champion, it's not only possible to make your own, but you'll feel so There's no better feeling for the home cook than making a dish that comes out just like the version you fell in love with—the real-deal "oh, dang, that is exactly what I. Making Smoked Turkey Pastrami isn't nearly as complicated as you may think, and it is so rewarding!
Smoked Pastrami (Dirty Version) Anleitung
- You can use whatever rolls you want. I make my Sour Dough Rolls the day before. My recipe is on my page..
- The day before, wash brine mixture off of brisket thoroughly. Trim fat. Pat dry..
- Rub mustard all over the brisket as a binder for the Rub..
- Mix all Rub ingredients, completely cover the brisket with Rub by hand..
- Place Brisket in a one gallon zip lock bag. Or plastic wrap it up..
- Place in fridge, let rest overnight..
- The next day, pre heat smoker to 275 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Remove brisket from the plastic bag. Place in smoker. Let smoke for 2 hours..
- After 2 hours, wrap Brisket in foil, place back in smoker. Insert meat probe. Smoke at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for about another 2 hours until internal Temp is 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove Brisket..
- Let rest in foil for 30 minutes..
- Slice as Thin as humanly possible, place between rolls, add mustard and pickles..
Granted, it does take time and might sound a little intimidating because of the curing and smoking processes, but really, it's super easy and requires very little effort on your part. Fully smoking the meat in the smoker produces a dryer pastrami. If you like it more moist, leave more fat on the meat and finish it by steaming. Many have posted how much they like my pastrami recipe, but were not pleased with the texture of the meat. Fully smoking the meat in the smoker until it.