Chocolate Roll and Bacon-Cheese Roll. Cheese and Bacon Rolls that are not only TOPPED but also STUFFED with bacon and cheese! Directions for instant or active dry yeast. Just like the ones from Baker's Delight.
Ingredients of Chocolate Roll and Bacon-Cheese Roll
- Du brauchst 260 grams of all purpose flour.
- Es ist 3 grams of active dry yeast.
- Du brauchst 2 of eggs.
- Es ist 90 grams of warm milk ↔ about 115 F.
- Es ist 30 grams of granulated sugar.
- Du brauchst 2 grams of salt.
- Bereiten 30 grams of butter (unsalted butter) room temperature.
- Du brauchst 3 grams of cocoa powder.
- Bereiten of Chocolate chips.
- Du brauchst 2 tablespoons of bacon, crumbled into small pieces (can be replaced smoked beef).
- Bereiten 3 tablespoons of cheddar cheese, grated.
- Du brauchst 2 teaspoons of chives / green onion, thinly sliced.
I created a lovely soft bread roll, sticking with Simone's original recipe, and adding the extra filling and some photos to show The fluffiness of these bacon and cheese soft rolls, is really delicious! This traditional Chocolate Roll recipe (a.k.a. "Chocolate Swiss Roll") is easy to customize with your favorite filling — traditional cream cheese, chocolate, peppermint, or whatever other creative idea you might have. It's also easy to make ahead of time and freeze, and it is perfect for entertaining! Eat your cheese and bacon bread rolls topped with a fried egg, or warmed with a little butter or avocado.
Chocolate Roll and Bacon-Cheese Roll Schritt für Schritt
- Mix warm milk with sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Sprinkle yeast. Wait until it looks frothy, about 5 minutes. Pour the yeast liquid in the mixer bowl, add flour and eggs. Attach the dough hook and turn the mixer on to the lowest speed and mix until flour is incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.Add salt and then butter. Knead until smooth and elastic (window pane stage)..
- Take half of the dough, round it, place it in another bowl and cover it with a cling wrap or clean napkin. I call this dough as plain dough..
- Add chocolate powder to the remaining dough in the mixer bowl. Knead again until the chocolate incorporated. Round the dough. Cover the bowl with a cling wrap or clean napkin. I call this dough as chocolate dough..
- Take the white dough, roll it out to get rectangle shape (about 7 inch length). Mix the bacon, cheese and chives and sprinkle over the dough. Press them. Role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 6 slices. Put each of them in a cupcake liner. Cover and let rise until dough is doubled..
- Take the chocolate dough, roll it out to get rectangle shape (about 7 inch length). Sprinkle the chocolate chip over the dough. Press them. Role up the dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 6 slices. Put each of them in a cupcake liner. Cover and let rise until dough is doubled..
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 F. When the dough doubled in size, bake for 10-12 minutes..
The options are endless, even use them as your low-carb hamburger bun replacement! For more cheesy snacks check out our Low Carb Bacon and Sour Cream Muffins or our Keto Cheese. These fluffy rolls are a favorite of numerous children throughout Australia. The dough is sprinkled with bits of bacon and cheese, then baked in an oven until the cheese melts and the rolls are golden in color. Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball is a giant ball of cream cheese and cheddar rolled around in bacon.