Smoked Brisket Flat. Mike trimmed as much of the fat and silver skin as possible from the top of the brisket. Based on the instructions from Malcom at How To BBQ Right. BBQ rubs of your choice (equal parts by.
Ingredients of Smoked Brisket Flat
- Es ist 10 lb of Brisket Flat.
- Es ist of LA Preferida Sazon Seasoning.
- Du brauchst of Dried whole coriander seeds.
- Bereiten of Dehydrated chopped onion.
- Du brauchst of BBQ Rub -used Myron Mixon's "The only barbecue rub you need".
In the moderately low heat of a Lay the brisket on the center grate of your smoker and close the lid. Brisket is one of the best cuts of beef for smoking. Follow our step-by-step instructions on how to smoke We'll explore an electric smoker method here, using the Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker. Cooking only the brisket flat or point.
Smoked Brisket Flat Schritt für Schritt
- Pull the brisket out of the frig and light the charcoal in the smoker. I use an upright barrel smoker with a water pan..
- Lightly coat the brisket on all sides with the sazon seasoning..
- Layer all sides of the brisket with the BBQ rub..
- In a mortar and pestle coarsely grind a 50/50 blend of the coriander and onion..
- Coat all sides of the brisket with the coriander onion mix to give another layer of flavor and help build a beautiful bark..
- When the smoker reaches 250° place the brisket in fat side up. Fat down works just fine too its all personal preference..
- Cook low and slow at 250° until it reaches an internal temp of 200°. Frequently monitor the smoker to control the temp and ensure wood chunks are added as needed. I used a combo of mesquite and pecan..
- Once at 200° internal wrap in foil and let sit for a minimum 1 1/2 hours in a dry cooler..
- Remove from the cooler and slice. Save the juice that collects in the foil to serve along with or over top..
Try and get the point as it has more marbling and will result in a. Brisket is similarly confusing, because the one word can refer to several slightly different versions of the cut, and some of the variations aren't ideal for smoking. What you are looking for is a "packer cut". "The flat cut of brisket makes for those long, beautiful slices that look so good on the plate. Consistently moist brisket with a smoky bark. Good brisket is often called the Holy Grail of barbecue—an apt description, given how rarely you find good smoked brisket in the wild.