Homemade Family Friendly Texas Red Chili. Cold nights bring out the chili in me! Recipe fed four adults.but it was gone! Easily doubled and easily frozen and.
Ingredients of Homemade Family Friendly Texas Red Chili
- Du brauchst 2 lb of ground beef (I use chuck).
- Du brauchst 6 slice of (small diced) smoked bacon.
- Bereiten 1 large of (medium diced) yellow onion.
- Es ist 1 large of (medium diced) green bell pepper.
- Es ist 1 of large (small diced) jalapeño pepper.
- Du brauchst 3 clove of minced garlic.
- Bereiten 1/4 cup of pure mild red chili powder ( not chili seasoning).
- Es ist 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of ground Mexican oregano.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Du brauchst 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Bereiten 2 tsp of salt (plus more to taste).
- Es ist 28 oz of tomato sauce.
- Du brauchst 28 oz of low sodium beef stock.
- Bereiten 2 of 15 ounce cans of pinto beans (rinsed and drained).
Edit: formatting Edit edit: removed some curse words so we're family-friendly, apologies if I It's fine for Texas chili. What people don't like is Texans thinking their way is the only possible way when it. A medley of chile peppers give this unique chili plenty of kick while the addition of thick-cut bacon lends an irresistible smoky flavor. Homemade Chili Haiku: "Not sure it's 'homemade' when ingredients are canned.
Homemade Family Friendly Texas Red Chili Schritt für Schritt
- Brown ground beef and set aside to drain..
- Saute diced bacon in a large stockpot for 5-7 minutes to render the fat, just until starting to get crisp. Then add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and saute until tender. Add a little extra cooking oil if pan is to dry. Add the minced garlic during the last minute or so..
- Next add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, Mexican oregano, garlic powder, onion powder,Cayenne powder and salt. Let the mixture saute all together for 2-3 minutes. This will wake the spices up. (Bloom).
- Next add the cooked ground beef, beef stock, tomato sauce and pinto beans. Let the chili simmer partly covered over low heat for 1-2 hours..
- Pure chili powder is pretty easy to come by here in Texas. You can easily order it from the internet no matter where you live. I always use a mild and then add desired heat level using Cayenne pepper. You can also just use a brand name chili powder from the grocery store. Works great as well. This chili is always better the next day. Leftovers freeze very well. Enjoy.
- Most all chili powder found in grocery stores, are a blend of pure chili powder, paprika, oregano, garlic, cumin, salt, etc. I have found that these will work good as well. You may want to omit the salt and adjust at the very end..
Red Chili Powder is one of the basic ingredients required for Indian cooking. It is a must have in Indian pantry. Though it is easily available in grocery stores, making it at home is always a better choice. It is fresher, non contaminated and of course inexpensive. Chili Caesar salad House salad apple sauce sautéed mushrooms sautéed onions buttered corn green beans veggies seasoned rice steak fries mashed potatoes sweet potato baked potato.