Mike's BBQ Pulled Pork & Chicken Sandwiches. Our homemade mashed potatoes served with gravy, cheddar cheese, and your choice of pulled pork or pulled chicken. This slow cooker Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce will be the most tender, moist, and flavourful you've ever had in your life! No self respecting BBQ Shack would cook pulled pork in a slow cooker.
Ingredients of Mike's BBQ Pulled Pork & Chicken Sandwiches
- Es ist of ● For The Shredded BBQ Pork & Chicken.
- Bereiten 2 lbs of Pork Sirloin Tip Roast.
- Bereiten 2 lbs of Rotisserie Chicken.
- Es ist 2 Cans of Beef Broth.
- Es ist 2 Cans of Chicken Broth.
- Bereiten 2 of LG Chopped Jalapeno Peppers [deseeded].
- Bereiten 1/2 of Chopped Green Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- Du brauchst 1 of Chopped White Onion.
- Du brauchst 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of Hot Paprika.
- Du brauchst 4 Drops of Liquid Smoke [not extract].
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Bereiten 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Du brauchst of ● For The BBQ Sauce.
- Bereiten 1 (18 oz) of Bottle Sweet Baby Rays Sauce [+ reserves].
- Es ist of ● For The Beads.
- Du brauchst 8 of LG Hawaiian Rolls.
- Du brauchst of ● For The Toppers [as needed].
- Bereiten of Thin Sliced Onions.
- Bereiten of Vlasic Kosher Dill Pickles.
- Bereiten of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.
Hi Mike, Thank you for the question. I'm thankful you've found Taste of Southern. I cook with the fat down so I can get that "bark" texture on the outer. Wondering how to make pulled pork in a slow cooker?
Mike's BBQ Pulled Pork & Chicken Sandwiches Schritt für Schritt
- Your shreded Rotisserie Chicken and Pork Sirloin Tip Roast pictured..
- Simmer for 2 hours covered. Add water if needed as the broth dissipates..
- Drain and shred your pork..
- Add your full bottle of Sweet Baby Rays. Mix well..
- Mix everything together..
- Use oversized sweet Hawaiian rolls..
- Garnish with thin sliced onions, lettuce and pickles. Serve with Bourbon Baked Beans. See my recipe if interested. Enjoy!.
Start with a boneless shoulder roast or substitute a boneless loin roast for a lower fat BBQ. This was my first time making pulled pork and I won't ever bother looking for a different recipe. This is one of those wonderful recipes that you don't forget. Our next door neighbor is a smokehouse bbq restaurant whose bbq is some of the best in the state and we liked this pulled pork better than his! These BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are a crowd pleasing that is made with a slow cooker so the active preparation time is just minutes!