Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce. Rich and meaty spaghetti sauce is surprisingly easy to make, and ready in just over an hour. Serve over any variety of hot cooked pasta. Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, and green pepper in a large saucepan.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion, chopped.
- You need 2 medium of Carrots, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 of Celery, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of Dried Lentils.
- Prepare 15 oz of can Crushed Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Italian Parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 5 medium of Fresh Basil Leaves or tsp dried.
- It’s 1/2 box of Spaghetti Noodles.
- You need 1 cup of Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese, shredded.
Use ground beef, turkey, pork, chicken or lamb to make this simple spaghetti recipe. Jump to the Easy Weeknight Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. This spaghetti sauce…is good sauce, my friends. It's rich, meaty, a cinch to make, and it can be frozen and used on spaghetti, in lasagna, on And cook them for a couple of minutes, until they start to get soft.
Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce instructions
- Note: You can use any vegetables you have. You can also change the cheese to Parmesan if desired..
- Add carrots, celery and onion to pan with 2 tbsp water and saute till onions are cooked and slightly brown. Add water tbsp at a time to prevent burning..
- Add tbsp water and italian seasoning with salt and pepper and stir..
- Add Lentils and water enough to cover lentils. Bring to boil and simmer for 35 minutes. Keep an eye on it and add water as needed. Water should be gone at end of 35 minutes..
- Put water in a pot with shake of salt and heat for spaghetti noodles. Add spaghetti when it boils..
- Scoop half lentils into blender and blend for a minute. Pour back into pan and scoop other half into blender and blend that for a minute. Pour back into pan. Some lentils will be whole. That's ok..
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil and parsley. Stir and simmer 15 minutes..
- If desired, add spaghetti to "meat" sauce and toss OR put spaghetti on plate and scoop sauce on top..
- Plate spaghetti, sprinkle with cheese and serve..
- NOTE: If you want a more saucy "meat" sauce you can add another can of crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce. If you want the sauce to be a little more sweet and tomatoey add in and a few squirts of ketchup.
What will also happen is that they'll absorb all the wonderful flavor of the meat from the pan. Some people may decide that this version with a very small amount of meat in it may not. This EASY Spaghetti and Meat Sauce is cooked all in one pot! The meat sauce is made from scratch on the stove and cooked with the spaghetti all at the same time. No extra pots to wash, fast and delicious!