Ingredients of Bacon Pie
- It’s 2 packages of thick sliced bacon.
- It’s 4-5 of medium potatoes, (Yukon Gold is best for this dish).
- You need of Shredded Cheddar cheese (2 packages or as needed).
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
Bacon Pie instructions
- Heat oven to 350 F (170 C).
- Wash and dry the potatoes (no need to peel them). Then slice potatoes into thin slices.
- Line a cast iron skillet with overlapping bacon as in this picture.
- Add a layer of sliced potatoes,.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper then cover with Cheddar.
- Repeat till you reach the top of the skillet (it's OK if you go about 1 – 1/2 inches higher than the edges) then fold the bacon over the top.
- Bake for about 2 1/2 hours, removing the bacon fat as it renders. The bacon fat can be stored in the fridge for other yummy purposes (like oven roasted potatoes, or other vegetables, with bacon fat).
- Cut into slices and enjoy!.