Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta.
Ingredients of Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta
- You need 500 of g- Cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 2 Teaspoons of crushed garlic or 2 cloves of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Small onion.
- You need Dash of cream.
- It’s 5 of Fresh basil leaves/ tsp of dried mixed herbs also works well.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil all though any oil works well.
- You need 1 Packet of diced bacon (250g).
- Prepare 4 of Any pasta- Macaroni/ Spaghetti ect- Enough for.
Roasted Tomato and Bacon Pasta instructions
- Put tomatoes into an oven proof dish with enough oil to cover the tomatoes nicely. Then add the herbs, salt and pepper enough to coat the tomatoes. If you using fresh basil don't add it now..
- Place the tomatoes into the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Roast the tomatoes until they have reduced into a sticky paste. The longer they roast the richer the flavour, but remove as soon as they start to get charred..
- When the tomatoes are nearly ready to be removed from the oven. Start frying the onion and garlic. Place a finely chopped onion into a pot with the garlic with a bit of oil so not to stick. Sweat the onion and garlic down until slightly translucent..
- Once the tomatoes are roasted down add them to the onion and garlic in the pot (If you using fresh basil, chop and add it now). Add a bit of water to soften the paste and cook for another 20 mins. Keep topping up with water if the mixture starts to stick..
- At the same time as you cook the tomatoes, onions and garlic start cooking your pasta. Generally the instructions on how to cook specifically will be on the packing. Do not over cook as mushy pasta is the worst..
- While that is all going on in another pan cook the bacon in a little bit of oil until crisp..
- Once your tomatoes are resembling a beautifully red thick sauce, take off the heat and blend until smooth. If you don't have a blender it's not essential, a chunky sauce is also great. Once blended add a dash of cream and the bacon and stir together..
- Once your pasta is done. Toss the pasta in the sauce. Don't over toss, you don't want mushy pasta..
- And you're done and can now enjoy your beautifully flavourful pasta!!.
- Note: You can use this roasted tomato sauce to elevate your mince dishes or instead of adding the cream, thicken the tomatoes into a paste that you can use for bruschetta (goes deliciously well with goats cheese and Ciabatta)..