Honey bacon Brussel sprouts. Brussels sprouts really get a bad rap. Most people say they hate them – but that's because most people have never really tried them. Place Brussels sprouts in large bowl.
Ingredients of Honey bacon Brussel sprouts
- You need 1 of small package of Brussels sprouts.
- It’s Half of package of bacon (any kind will do).
- It’s of Honey (your choice) drizzle.
- It’s 2 tbs. of butter.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, while leaving rendered bacon. Mention the words 'brussels sprouts' and the responses can be polarizing. These sprouts are roasted with briny uncured bacon and a drizzling of olive oil so they come out of the oven crispy. Then, drops of a honey-balsamic reduction (tutorial included) are scattered around the pan making it full of.
Honey bacon Brussel sprouts instructions
- Prepare Brussel sprouts…. cut off ends peel 1-2 layers off, then cut in half. Set aside..
- Dice bacon…. set aside in bowl..
- Heat sauté pan to medium heat…. add bacon…. cook to desired crunchiness (that's a word because I just made it up).
- Remove only the bacon set aside leaving the bacon grease in pan. (I like to leave it, adds flavor) or remove grease. Your choice. I also put the bowl of bacon in the microwave, just to keep it warm. DO NOT TURN ON THE MICROWAVE !!!!.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to pan with bacon grease..
- Add Brussel sprouts to pan… add salt and pepper to taste. Sauté the Brussel sprouts until tender (or however you like them).
- Once Brussel sprouts are done, turn heat to low. Add the bacon to sprouts..
- Drizzle honey…. stir it up…. turn heat off…… enjoy…….
- Don't forget to clean up the drool from this delicious side dish..
These oven-roasted brussels sprouts are all you need right now. Brussels sprouts…love them or hate them? While making this roasted brussels spouts recipe with just olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper would make a tasty recipe, I like to add balsamic vinegar and raw honey to the brussels. Sprinkle brussels sprouts with bacon, pomegranate arils, and hazelnuts. Sprinkle with extra salt, as needed.