Bacon wrapped chestnuts. Soy sauce, smoky bacon and sweet brown sugar dress up water chestnuts for a festive party appetizer. Cut bacon strips into thirds; wrap a strip around each water chestnut and secure with wooden toothpicks. I'd like to thank Kikkoman for sponsoring this post.
Ingredients of Bacon wrapped chestnuts
- You need of cans (5oz dry weight) freshwater chestnuts.
- You need of package of bacon.
- Prepare of chunked pineapple.
- You need of toothpicks.
- It’s of ketchup.
- You need of mayonnaise.
- You need of brown sugar.
Whole water chestnuts are marinated in a sweet and salty marinade made from soy sauce and brown sugar. Wrap each chestnut with a piece of bacon. Arrange on a cake rack in a shallow baking pan. Poor the sauce over the bacon wrapped chestnuts.
Bacon wrapped chestnuts step by step
- Remove the bacon and cut the slab into thirds.
- Take 1 chestnut and place it on 1 slice of the cut bacon. Wrap the bacon around the chestnut and stab a toothpick through it to hold the bacon in place. Then place on a cookie sheet. Repeat until you are out of chestnuts..
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees..
- While the wraps are cooking combine the ketchup, mayonnaise and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix well..
- Once cooked immediately remove the wrapped chestnuts from the cookie sheet and place in a glass 9×13 baking dishes. Be careful not to remove the toothpicks. Also do not wait to place in the glass dish because the bacon will stick to the pan..
- Open the can of pineapple and place 1 chunk onto each toothpick.
- With a spoon place the mixture over the chestnuts..
- Place the baking dish back in the over for 30 minutes at 350 degrees..
- Once done these can be placed in a crockpot on the warm setting if needed..
The sweet and salty bacon wrapped around the marinated water chestnut is the perfect combo. Find all of our RECIPES/VIDEOS @ www.amateurkitchen.tv BACON WRAPPED CHESTNUTS This appetizer is one of the first to go at any party. These Cranberry Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts are an essentail Christmas appetizer recipe! Like a lot of folks, I have a hard time resisting anything made with bacon. Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts are a simple and delicious appetizer for game day or any party.