Corned Beef and Red Cabbage.
Corned Beef and Red Cabbage is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Corned Beef and Red Cabbage is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook corned beef and red cabbage using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Corned Beef and Red Cabbage:
- Take of Cabbage.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 pound of head of red cabbage.
- Take of Corned beef.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Make ready 36 ounces of canned corned beef 3× 12 ounce cans.
- Make ready of Potatoes soak.
- Get 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Take As needed of water.
- It’s 1 pound of potatoes.
- Make ready of Carrots and onion.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Take 1/2 pound of baby carrots.
- You need of To taste seasoned salt.
- Take 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare of Cheeses.
- Get 16 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese 4 cups.
- Get 8 ounces of finely shredded mozzarella cheese 2 cups.
- Take 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Top off.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped chives.
- Get 1 teaspoon of ground paprika.
Steps to make Corned Beef and Red Cabbage:
- Wash and peel the potatoes. I sliced very thinly using a mandolin with a crinkle cut blade..
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Slice the cabbage into quarters then remove hard core. Cover the potatoes with cool water and salt. The potatoes will absorb the salt very well so don't over salt..
- Heat the vinegar, salt, and sugar. When shimmering set aside..
- Slice the cabbage thinly. Then cut across. Toss to mix vinegar mixture with cabbage. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes at least..
- Chop the carrots, and dice the onion. Melt the butter and stir in the onions and carrots. Season with seasoned salt and pepper to taste. Sauté till fork tender. Set aside..
- In a Dutch oven add a layer of potato slices. Add first can of corned beef cover with part of cabbage mixture..
- Add onions and carrots. Cover with cheese. Cover with another 12 ounce can of corned beef. Cover with 1 cup mozzarella cheese..
- Add a layer of potatoes and the Add grated Parmesan cheese. Add the second can of corned beef..
- Add the rest of the cabbage. Cover with 8 ounces mozzarella cheese..
- Mix 8 ounce finely shredded mozzarella cheese with the last can of corned beef. Press it on top. Add the last of potatoes. Sprinkle the garlic, paprika, and chives. Put into oven for 20-25 minutes..
- Let rest 15 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food corned beef and red cabbage recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!