Caramelized Red Onion Garlic Bread. A delicious crispy focaccia bread with a topping of the tastiest flavors: caramelized red onion, garlic butter and fresh herbs. We always serve bread at the BBQ. Often a baguette whether or not filled with herb butter.
Ingredients of Caramelized Red Onion Garlic Bread
- Prepare 1 of small baguette; havled lengthwise.
- It’s 1 of red onion; small dice.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 1 stick of butter; room temperature.
- It’s as needed of olive oil.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
While the onions are caramelizing, work on the dough. Taste: Like garlic bread with a side of crack. Each bite is garlicky, tangy, sweet, savory, cheesy, and totally addicting. Texture: Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, with a thick, creamy, cheesy layer of goodness slathered on top.
Caramelized Red Onion Garlic Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Heat enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a medium sized saute pan..
- Add red onion with a pinch of salt. Saute on high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low. Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until onions are caramelized. Stir occasionally. Add more olive oil when necessary to prevent burning..
- Add garlic during last minute of cooking..
- Remove from heat. Cool rapidly in fridge or freezer until onion mixture reaches room temperature or below..
- Combine butter and onion mixture in a mixer or food processor. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Mix until butter is fluffy and onion mixture is spread evenly, about 1 minute..
- Spread butter on each half of the baguette..
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes or until bread is crispy..
- Variations; Basil, parmesean, crushed pepper flakes, yellow onion, parmigiano reggiano, gruyere, mozzarella, provolone, feta, goat cheese, swiss, manchego, pecorino, fontina, shallots, bacon fat, spinach, arugula, asiago, blue cheese, gouda, jack cheese, horseradish, queso fresco, chihuahua, cotija, coriander, mint, oregano, marjoram, thyme, sage, tarragon, dill, crushed almond, bean puree, honey, lemon zest, pancetta, balsamic reduction, prosciutto, chives, scallions, herbes de provence,.
- Cont'd: Rosemary, Italian seasoning, pesto, caramelized fennel, saute broccoli rabe, artichoke, arugula or spinach puree, babaghanoush, hummus, dried sriracha, dandelion greens, caramelized leeks, mushroom puree, dijon, olives, tapenade, tomato, parsely.
Ease: Super easy, just toss all the ingredients in the food processor, pulse away, spread on top of French bread, and bake. 🍕 Delicious tomato base, mozzarella, caramelized red onion, jalapenos, chili, garlic and sour cream. Or try the Focaccia bread with garlic oil, mozzarella, maldon salt and Rosemary. 🛑 Fired Up Pizza has now moved to the back of the Goat Pub. Cut the sausages into ¼-inch-thick diagonal slices, cut the slices in half crosswise and add to the bread, along with the onion, garlic, tomatoes and parsley. Toss gently, cover and let rest for. Melt butter in skillet over medium-low heat.