Crusty Garlic Bread. Beat butter, garlic, basil, and salt together in a bowl until smooth. Spread butter mixture onto each half of bread. Crusty Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Bread.
Ingredients of Crusty Garlic Bread
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 4 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of marjoram.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 of loaves (6 oz each) Italian or French bread.
The reason it works better with sourdough is because the bread is denser so the bread tends to hold together better when you pull bits off. Crackling homemade bread makes an average day extraordinary. Enjoy this beautiful crusty bread recipe as is, or stir in a few favorites like cheese, garlic, herbs and dried fruits. —Megumi Garcia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin This homemade garlic bread is the answer! Minced fresh garlic is key to these flavor-packed crusty slices, which our big family would snap up before they even had a chance to cool. —Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey.
Crusty Garlic Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a small bowl, combine garlic & oil. Mix well..
- In another small bowl, combine parsley, thyme, marjoram, paprika, & cheese. Mix well..
- Cut loaf horizontally. Brush cut side with oil mixture. Sprinkle spice mixture over oil..
- Fold back together. Wrap in foil. Place on baking sheet..
- Bake until heated through, about 10-15 minutes. Unrap loaves. Cut each loaf in half vertically & serve..
Ever wonder how to make garlic bread? This homemade garlic bread is the answer! Minced fresh garlic is key to these. Remove bread when it is toasted golden brown in color. Armed with a craving for rustic bread, an addiction to garlic, and a fondness for the heady aroma of rosemary, I decided to bake the Best Rosemary Garlic Bread ever.