Pull-apart Cheesy Garlic Bread. Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread is a garlic bread recipe taken to new heights with cheese. It will be your new favorite go-to side. I'm not going to waste any more time… ladies and gentleman, this week's Throwback Thursday is PULL APART CHEESY GARLIC BREAD!.
Ingredients of Pull-apart Cheesy Garlic Bread
- You need of → Tangzhong.
- Prepare 25 g of bread flour.
- You need 125 ml of water.
- Prepare of → Bread dough.
- It’s 350 g of bread flour.
- It’s 55 g of granulated white sugar.
- You need 6 g of salt.
- It’s 5 g of instant yeast.
- You need 125 ml of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 30 g of butter.
- It’s 33-66 g of (4 – 8 tbsp) bread flour, add-on as much as needed.
- It’s of → Filling.
- Prepare 70 g of butter.
- Prepare 8 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 of dried red chili, chopped (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1/8 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 85 g of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of → Topping.
- It’s 15 g of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Serve the Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread as a side with traditional holiday recipes like baked ham, turkey and dressing. This Cheese and Garlic Crack Bread is EPIC! "Crack bread" is an appropriate name for this because it's garlic bread – on crack…. It's basically a cheesy garlic bread, but so much more fun AND delicious! Cheese, garlic and bread – in pull apart bread form.
Pull-apart Cheesy Garlic Bread step by step
- Tangzhong: with a wooden spoon, mix flour and water in a pan until there is no lump. Cook over medium-low heat and keep stirring to prevent sticking and burning. Remove from heat when the mixture gets thicker (some lines will show as we stir). Transfer into a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap sticking onto its surface and then set aside to cool..
- Bread dough: In a stand-mixer's bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Equip the mixer with a dough hook..
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, cooled tangzhong and egg. Mix and then add into the dry ingredients..
- Start mixing at the lowest speed then second speed. Frequently scrape the sides and bottoms of bowl with a silicone spatula. When it starts to become a dough, gradually add cubed butter in..
- The dough will become very sticky. Mix for about 8 minutes or so. During this mixing process, gradually add flour as much as needed and until the dough feels less sticky to the touch..
- Finish by kneading the dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead until it is smooth, elastic and not sticky. Round up the dough and place in an oil-greased and large bowl. Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. Let sit for 45 minutes or until doubled in size..
- Filling: simply mix all ingredients until well-combined, except for the cheese..
- After the dough is doubled in size, punch out the air until it flattens. Transfer it onto a lightly floured surface and roll it into a 12 x 8 inches (30 x 20 cm) rectangle..
- Spread the butter filling onto the rectangle dough and sprinkle (85g) cheese on top..
- Cut evenly into 4 long strips. Then stack them up. Cut again into 4 even pieces..
- Transfer into a 9 x 6 inches (23 x 15 cm) loaf pan that has been buttered. Sprinkle (15g) cheese on top..
- Bake at 325°F / 160°C for 20 minutes then reduce to 300°F / 150°C and bake for 15 more minutes..
- Let cool on cooling rack for 5 minutes. Then run a silicone spatula along the inner sides of the pan to remove it..
Jump to Recipe • Print Recipe. Gooey, golden and hot out of the oven! This bread is so easy, and so addictively good! The best cheesy garlic pull apart bread recipe since freshly baked bread. Super easy garlic cheese bread appetizer that is guaranteed to knock your socks off Italian style!