Swedish shrimp on garlic bread. Brush both sides of the bread with some of the garlic mixture and arrange on a baking sheet. Sprinkle additional old bay seasoning on the shrimp, corn and potatoes as desired. Serve shrimp boil with the garlic butter sauce, lemon wedges, and fresh diced parsley sprinkled on top.
Ingredients of Swedish shrimp on garlic bread
- It’s 500 grams of of frozen shrimp drain well.
- You need 1 cup of of frech cream used good brand.
- You need 1/4 cup of of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of spoon of pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of of chopped tomatoe.
- It’s 1/2 of of chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of of chopped dills.
- You need 1 tbsp of spoon of garlic powder.
Bake frozen garlic bread according to package directions. Break up garlic bread into smaller pieces and blend in a blender until coarse crumbs form. This recipe will soon be a family favorite. The true way to eat this dish is to leave the shrimp unpeeled and slurp the butter out and then peel the shrimp and eat them.
Swedish shrimp on garlic bread step by step
- Drain shrimp and set aside.
- In mixing bowl add french cream and mayonnaise then mix together.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chopped onion and follow with chopped dills and stir in the ingredients.
- Add pepper and garlic powder add shrimp and stir till everything combined.
- Refrigerate 3hours before severd on garlic bread.
Personally, I like to peel our serving of shrimp into a bowl, drizzle the peeled shrimp with the seasoned garlic butter, and eat with a big chunk of crusty bread for dipping. This is the classic Swedish Shrimp Salad or also called the Skagenröra. It's simple, delicious and just heavenly. You can eat it with potatoes or as most Swedes do eat it with some toast as an open faced sandwich which makes it a shrimp sandwich also called Räksmörgås! Need appetizer, lunch, or some serious snack inspiration?