Killer Pomodori (AMAZING with Garlic Bread!). Great recipe for Killer Pomodori (AMAZING with Garlic Bread!). This is one of my favorite dishes. It's messy to prepare, but it's so good, healthy and simple, and the options to put some extras on are endless!
Ingredients of Killer Pomodori (AMAZING with Garlic Bread!)
- Prepare 5 large of Flesh tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of as needed Red onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 1 dash of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Ground salt & pepper.
If served with a little more care, it could also make a great appetizer. See great recipes for Chocolate killer bread, Killer Meatloaf too! See great recipes for Killer Steak Sauce, Chocolate killer bread too! In our former life living in Venice Beach, Calif., one of our go-to spots when friends came to visit was dinner a few blocks from our house at Marina Del Rey's C&O Trattoria.
Killer Pomodori (AMAZING with Garlic Bread!) step by step
- Cut a little cross in the bottom of the tomatoes. This way, the skin will peel off much easier..
- Fill a bowl with boiling water and put one tomato in it. Don't try to make it easier by boiling them all at the same time, because you'll end up leaving tomatoes in the water for too long, and it'll make them mushy :(.
- When you can tell the skin lets loose, take the tomato out and peel it. Throw the skin away and cut out the cores; you'll only need the flesh for this recipe. (If you're really excited, you could keep the seeds and stuff for tomato sauce or soup though.).
- Chop up your onion, garlic and tomato, once you're done peeling (you might want to celebrate the tedious job with a glass of wine!) and mix in a bowl with your olive oil, salt, pepper and basil..
- Leave the mix in the fridge in a covered bowl for 30 minutes. You can mix if up a little bit if you want, half way, to allow the flavors to mix..
It's a solid neighborhood spot just steps from Venice Beach that hosts self-serve Chianti in casks hung on the wall and huge—I mean HUGE—portions of pasta, salads, and apps. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the artichoke hearts, Mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and sour cream to the skillet and stir to blend. Scrape the cooked garlic into a large mixing bowl, and stir in artichoke hearts, mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan, sour cream and shallot until combined. Place the bread halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up, and spoon the cheese and artichoke mixture overtop.