Ingredients of Beet Brownies
- You need 2 cups of grated beets (about two large beets).
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of organic vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of organic maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cocoa nibs.
Beet Brownies instructions
- In a small sauce pan, melt 1 cup of chopped semi-sweet chocolate with 1/2 cup of coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of flour with 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/8tsp cayenne pepper, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Whisk 3 eggs, 1 cup of maple syrup, and 2 tsp organic vanilla.
- Fold flour mixture, cocoa nibs, and beets into wet mixture until combined.
- Pour into a 8×8 greased baking dish. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick into centre, if it comes out clean, it's done..