My mom's Chilean cake. As you were describing the cake at the beginning, I kept thinking, there's no way this could be the same recipe as MY mom's apple cake, right? A classic Chilean Summer dish: Pastel de Choclo, like a Sheperd's pie with corn pudding on top. Banana thousand layers cake, the most famous cake from my hometown Rancagua.
Ingredients of My mom's Chilean cake
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 of orange.
Chile is known for its fantastic seafood, grilled meats (think Patagonia), stews. Back in my days my mom would be furious that I was playing CS and not some super mario game 🙁 anyways, looks sick. Your parents make you a csgo themed cake for your birthday. Before I moved out my parents would yell at me cause my mouse clicking was too loud.
My mom's Chilean cake instructions
- Pre heat the oven at 180 °C.
- Beat sugar and eggs together with electric mixer..
- Melt butter, then add butter and milk to the mix..
- Pass the flour and baking powder through a strainer before adding to the dough. Incorporate to the mix..
- Squeeze the juice and grate the skin of about 1/3 or 1/2 of the orange (depending on size of orange and desired taste). Add to the dough and mix. Dough should be liquid enough to pour into the mold but very thick..
- OPTIONAL: for flavoring, you may change the orange for lemon, cocoa powder, 1 tbp vanilla essence, anise, etc..
- Spread some oil on the inside surfaces of the mold, pour the mix in evenly and put inside the oven for 40 to 60 minutes. Do not open the oven door before 40 minutes as it might become flat..
- Remove from the oven and stick a pointy knife in the middle of the cake until you reach the bottom of the mold. Remove the knife, if it comes out with batter or stains from it, put back in the oven for about 10 minutes. Repeat this process until knife comes out mostly clean..
- Let rest for about 10 minutes and preferably serve warm. You can also serve it cool after it has cooled down. Keep in an airtight container, preferably at room temperature as the fridge might make it become stiff..
- OPTIONAL: decorate the top with frosting, melted chocolate, fruits, sprinkles, etc. You may also serve a slice with honey or syrup on top.
This easy Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is a wonderful addition to all your summer parties! A lovely vanilla cake that is bursting with orange flavor and topped with a fluffy orange and vanilla frosting that no one will be able to resist! Today she gave me this recipe for another soft apple cake (to distinguish them from her passover apple cake and her hard apple cake, my personal favorite). A young boy discovers he's moms night job in a local bar as an exotic dancer so he decides to find the money to take her to Disney. In a Chilean little town, the son of an uprooted couple, formed by a rigorous communist father and a loving but weak mother, tries to pave his own path in a society that.