MOIST BANANA CAKE with STREUSEL TOPPING. This banana cake recipe is packed with as much banana as possible to make it really moist and flavorful and that extra thick layer of streusel is so good! It's loaded with banana flavor and has the best extra thick layer of streusel on top! I feel like I'm about to break some serious rules right now.
Ingredients of MOIST BANANA CAKE with STREUSEL TOPPING
- Prepare of DRY INGREDIENTS:.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour, sifted.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of WET INGREDIENTS:.
- It’s 2 of bananas, mashed.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of milk + 1 tbsp vinegar (buttermilk substitute).
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- It’s Dash of nutmeg.
- Prepare of streusel topping.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crushed nuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s Dash of nutmeg.
Make the Streusel Filling: Gather the ingredients. In a small bowl, stir together the dark brown sugar, walnuts, flaxseed and chocolate chips or chunks. If banana bread and coffee cake had a baby, it would be this Banana Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel. If you love bananas you'll love this moist banana cake ribboned with brown sugar walnut streusel and topped with walnut crumble.
MOIST BANANA CAKE with STREUSEL TOPPING instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients then sift. Set aside..
- Cream eggs and butter then add the rest of the wet ingredients..
- Combine wet and dry ingredients using cut and fold method. Do not over mix..
- Transfer in a lined and greased loaf pan. Should only fill ¾ of a pan, max..
- Top with streusel..
- Bake at a preheated oven at 350F for 25mins, depending on the size of the pan or until toothpick comes out clean..
- Cool for at least 15mins before slicing..
There's not really much to say about this recipe other than. This banana coffee cake is topped with a crumbly streusel and an easy homemade salted caramel sauce. So, to break this down, you've got a super moist and dense cinnamon banana coffee cake with a sweet and crunchy brown sugar crumble AND a salted caramel drizzle. Make the most of overripe bananas with the best-ever banana bread with quick-fix homemade streusel topping. There's still plenty of time to buy your bananas and let them get sweet and speckled in time for a Saturday mashing.